LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Just got the new book….Looking good. Very well laid out and easy to find your way around it (y) This'll be our first full year with the MH, so we are looking forward to trying some of these locations out.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
We have last years, anybody know if there are many new ones? I know there were a few that closed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
There's approximately 370 (incl Ireland) locations….

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
:smiley: Haven't received the new book yet but have just got back from a trip down to Devon and Cornwall and used 2 Britstops 018 and 008 while we were there. Both really good, 018 just a short walk from Slapton Sands (sells lovely bacon) and 008 a very short walk onto the moor, excellent. Although it says you dont need to phone ahead for 008 we would recommend it as when we arrived we had to go away and go back at 4.30 and then leave before 9 next day. Not a problem for us, we just parked up on the moor, had a cuppa and walked the dogs, got back just in time to buy the last pasty, lovely ::bigsmile: Well, what a coincidence!! just heard an almighty thump on the hall floor and the new Britstops has dropped through the letter box ::bigsmile: You're right Jim it should be Brickstops ::bigsmile:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Argh our postie doesn't come till about 2.00 pm so I have to WAIT!
Oh, oh - and we're planning to be out at that time filling up the MoHo with (6p/l off) Tesco diesel!
Retired life is so FULL and so COMPLICATED... So many decisions to make... Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Well I've got nothing to compare it to but, from first impressions, it is worth every penny! ;)

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
We're just changing to an rv and wonder if there are many suitable stops for large vehicles?
With scooter rack we will be about 34ft

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We're just changing to an rv and wonder if there are many suitable stops for large vehicles?
With scooter rack we will be about 34ft

I would say that its worth getting, there are so many places in it now Stay at two or three and its paid for itself easily. Steve marks sites in the guide that are OK for >30ft and a quick flick through shows there are a lot of them.

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
73 listed in the South East, of which 42 are marked ok for larger Motorhomes. Like Jim says, there are a lot in the book that show this sign :)

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Funsters!

Glad you like the book, Lisa!

Quick answers to Qs above:

There are 525 hosts in the new book (including Ireland).

We've added another 181, and around 36 are no longer in the book.

Just over half of the venues can accommodate vans over 30ft/9m in length. There's usually a note if the entrance is narrow or there are single track roads, but big rigs might want to ring ahead to double check before turning up.

Mrs Britstops is busy packing books and labelling as I type this. Another big batch going out today, then we're up-to-date on the pre-orders.

As for the brick-like quality of the new book - that's after using lighter paper this year, too! :RollEyes:

Steve :Smile:

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Well I've got nothing to compare it to but, from first impressions, it is worth every penny! ;)

We think it's worth every penny, just use a couple of stops and it's paid for itself. We like to wander about with no fixed plans, so using Britstops is ideal for us. We often head off with a vague idea of which area we want to visit, have an idea of what sites (usually 5 van sites) we would like to use and then browse through Britstops to see which ones we can use on our way up or down the country, perfect motorhoming :smiley:

froggy59

Free Member
Jul 12, 2011
walkden
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2009
Seems like a great book to have for the uk, but where do I stop its costing me a fortune with all the other books that I have bought.
before anyone has I go I'm not knocking britstops in anyway looks like a great bit of kit to have for the price.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi Funsters!

Glad you like the book, Lisa!

Quick answers to Qs above:

There are 525 hosts in the new book (including Ireland).

We've added another 181, and around 36 are no longer in the book.

Just over half of the venues can accommodate vans over 30ft/9m in length. There's usually a note if the entrance is narrow or there are single track roads, but big rigs might want to ring ahead to double check before turning up.

Mrs Britstops is busy packing books and labelling as I type this. Another big batch going out today, then we're up-to-date on the pre-orders.

As for the brick-like quality of the new book - that's after using lighter paper this year, too! :RollEyes:

Steve :Smile:
Hi Steve
Any chance of an APP in the future?
Regards

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Seems like a great book to have for the uk, but where do I stop its costing me a fortune with all the other books that I have bought.
before anyone has I go I'm not knocking britstops in anyway looks like a great bit of kit to have for the price.

Don't buy the other books - simples! :LOL:

As for an app, it's not something we've ruled out, so you never know...

Steve :)

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We love the Britstop book.

I look at it this way, spend £25+ for a night at a campsite with a miserable owner who had lists of rules everywhere, parked next to the most unfriendly bunch of motorhomes I have ever met. (Dorset, last August).

Or use a Britstop, freedom to explore new places, park in some great spots, with people who want you there and care passionately about their businesses.

We will be off to North Wales in a fortnight using 2 Britstops. Perfect for this time of year when a lot of campsites are closed or muddy.

Eagerly anticipating the postman now.

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
We love the Britstop book.

I look at it this way, spend £25+ for a night at a campsite with a miserable owner who had lists of rules everywhere, parked next to the most unfriendly bunch of motorhomes I have ever met. (Dorset, last August).

Or use a Britstop, freedom to explore new places, park in some great spots, with people who want you there and care passionately about their businesses.

We will be off to North Wales in a fortnight using 2 Britstops. Perfect for this time of year when a lot of campsites are closed or muddy.

Eagerly anticipating the postman now.

We're off to North Wales in June, I'd be interested to hear about your Brit Stop stops ;) (y)

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Lisa, it's our first proper trip out with the boys sleeping in the new van.

George is at uni in Aberwystweth so we plan to pick him up on the Friday night. Drive for an hour or so, park at a Britstop which is a lovely pub have supper and a few pints as our youngest Harry has just turned 18.

Then Saturday ive booked them into Titan zip wire and Bounce below. Another Britstop and possibly a trip to Snowdonia for Mothering Sunday.

I'll write about the weekend as it happens...maybe!

http://www.zipworld.co.uk

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Lisa, it's our first proper trip out with the boys sleeping in the new van.

George is at uni in Aberwystweth so we plan to pick him up on the Friday night. Drive for an hour or so, park at a Britstop which is a lovely pub have supper and a few pints as our youngest Harry has just turned 18.

Then Saturday ive booked them into Titan zip wire and Bounce below. Another Britstop and possibly a trip to Snowdonia for Mothering Sunday.

I'll write about the weekend as it happens...maybe!

http://www.zipworld.co.uk

I did Zip world last year. It was FANTASTIC :D

Look forward to your write up….

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Did you do Titan or velocity?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Just ordered mine as well - was waiting until we knew what was happening wit the insurance co etc.

Had a great time last year just using a couple of them. Hope to use more this year after the big "R"

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Great idea.. I'm sure it suits many who enjoy pub meals and a couple of drinks..

but too expensive for us.. 3 meals / snacks and drinks ... £30 ??

A CL or even a site can be a lot cheaper..

and yes I am aware you are not compelled to buy anything... but if too many do that they would soon stop the 'free' parking..

I would rather they just charged say a fiver, refundable at the bar .. do any do that ?

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
I would rather they just charged say a fiver, refundable at the bar .. do any do that ?

Hi Jim,

No, all our hosts offer an unconditional free stopover. Some of the Practical Motorhome/MCC "Night Stops" charge for the stopovers but offer it free if you eat there, which I guess is the same thing.

Steve :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back