Walking apps (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Has anyone used and can recommend a good walking app to go on android phone. I am looking for one that will give distance travelled and route covered.
Thank you

OP
OP

Deleted User
It's not a dedicated walking app but I have "UK Atlas" which uses OS maps and will show a track of your walk and give distance covered.
Thanks, that's the sort of thing I am after. It will be interesting to compare where I actually walked compared to where I was supposed to be walking.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
RUNKEEPER..
Used it for years on Apple, bound to be an Android version.
Can be set for running, walking etc..
Gives a map, distance, speed, logs..... etc

Sep 22, 2013
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Relay self-build
Exp
Trainee MH owner
I suggest you try the free Google MyTracks before spending any money. We use it all the time and it automatically puts copies of all our routes walked onto our Google drive.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I use WalkJogRun. You can save your routes and also share them.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Alpine Quest is excellent but not free. Simply walking app is good and free (y)

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
I use map my run which does walks, runs and cycling. Uses gps and tracks where you've been, time, calories, elevations. Also recommends walks other people have done locally which is handy if visiting an area you're not familiar with.

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
I use map my run which does walks, runs and cycling. Uses gps and tracks where you've been, time, calories, elevations. Also recommends walks other people have done locally which is handy if visiting an area you're not familiar with.

I use these too and they are excellent. When you view back on a laptop/ computer you even get Google birds eye view as it traces your entire walk/ ride with Google Earth.

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
I use Map my Tracks for walking and Map my Ride for cycling.
and there is also Map my Walk. (y)

OP
OP

Deleted User
Thank you for all your replies. I am looking at the free Alpine Quest app (not sure what you get when you purchase the upgrade) and it looks okay. They will probable all do what I want, it s just a case of picking an easy to use hassle free one.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Ordnance Survey do an app where you can buy 1:25000 map sections to suit your route. It claims to have some sort of route planning function but I haven't worked that out yet.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Problem with using your phone is battery life I prefer a dedicated walking GPS unit, I have a Satmap Active 10 (Active 12 is latest model), it will give you distance, route altitude reached and much more also satellite reception is much better. For the UK it uses Ordnance Survey mapping of which since the licensing cost maps have dropped in price dramatically can now get whole of UK in 1:25000 for for less £250 & whole of France in 1:50000 for about £230.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I suggest you try the free Google MyTracks before spending any money. We use it all the time and it automatically puts copies of all our routes walked onto our Google drive.
Tried this one, works well and you can change the method of travel from walking to cycling etc. It has now replaced simply walking for this reason alone!

Jun 23, 2013
Hurworth-on-Tees, Darlington, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013 but been camping for 25+ years
+1 on Strava from me too. I use it all the time, even for a 2 mile walk to the shops and back

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back