internal silver screen "Suckers" (1 Viewer)

Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
I have a set of internal type screens and they are forever falling down, I have fitted new ones cleaned the windscreen and still they fall down and then set the alarm off, which the neighbours love

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
I have the same problem when I use the internal screens when the van is in storage. On site I use external silver screens....no problems.
So if anyone can advise on where to buy suckers that work I too would be appreciative.

SandT

Free Member
Oct 15, 2012
Malta
Funster No
MH
Safari Trek
Exp
Broken Link Removed

Pack of 10 for £10

Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
How about a bit of very sticky commercial grade "Velcro"... (y)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
These work well as designed for Milenco internal screens see http://www.milenco.com/products/universal-thermal-blinds/universal-sucker-pads-for-blinds/
2448_Universa_Blind_Sucker_Pads.jpg

£9.99 here with delivery http://www.vanplusdirect.co.uk/epages/es133288.sf/en_GB/?
If you can find them without the p&p better value at around £7 & get 16 in a packet.

Last edited:

Deleted User
Ebay search for 'window suckers' lots of different sorts and sizes. I bought a load last year about one & half inch with thread small plastic nut, stick to glass very well but I can't remember which supplier.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I have tried the Milenco ones and they fall down as well
We have never had one detach & if anything need some force or squeezing to remove! We use with the Milenco internal screen & a shower curtain to keep water off the mirror/sink area both of which are quite light so maybe not suitable for heavier materials. Also need to keep the glass clean & grease free as with any suction products but see that you have done this so perhaps not up to being attached for long periods? Had ours up for 6 days & no problems.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
@jezport who stands at Peterborough, not sure about Newark sells rubber suckers of various sizes, maybe he could help, look out for his parrot on his stand

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
The suckers I sell are a lot stronger than the ones mentioned earlier in the thread. The ones I sell are not cheap eastern imports and I sell a lot to replace the grey plastic ones, I also do eyelets for adding extra suckers. I will be at Newark, Harrogate, Peterborough and a number of other shows. I also do mail order and Ebay. If you see an item you want from me on ebay please contact me here on Fun and I will give you a Fun discount.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back