Alde Domestic hot water recovery experience (1 Viewer)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Our new MH has an Alde 3020 system but I have seem some reports that its hot water heating capacity is somewhat limited and that you are lucky to get one shower let alone 2 one after each other. What are actual experiences and what is the genuine rcovery time?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I guess it depends how long you want to spend in the shower. We find that if you use the shower "boost" option in the menu for 15-20 minutes before each shower it's plenty hot enough and lasts long enough.

Obviously the boiler only holds so much water so when it's gone it's gone but that's the same with any MH boiler.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I guess it depends how long you want to spend in the shower. We find that if you use the shower "boost" option in the menu for 15-20 minutes before each shower it's plenty hot enough and lasts long enough.

Obviously the boiler only holds so much water so when it's gone it's gone but that's the same with any MH boiler.
I take the issue of shower time length on board, but trying to get a general opinion from experienced users after reading some discouraging reports.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hi we have a 2010 arto with the same system.

The limited shower time is more when its on ehu. It apparently cant produce as many kws as on gas ( also sometimes the limitations of the ehu mean that you cant use the max setting.) However we normally find its enough for us unless SWMBO wants to wash her hair as well.

If you want longer:-

If you re not on ehu, just press the boost button , give it about 10 minutes head start and you'll get lots of shower time.

If you re on ehu, then turn the electric off and the gas on while you boost and shower and then turn it back onto electric when you ve finished.

If you are joining the NB group at Peterborough, you will find people with lots of experience of Alde in Niesmanns.

Jon

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If you re on ehu, then turn the electric off and the gas on while you boost and shower and then turn it back onto electric when you ve finished.

No need to turn the electric off. You can use the electric and the gas together if you need/want to.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Hi we have a 2010 arto with the same system.

The limited shower time is more when its on ehu. It apparently cant produce as many kws as on gas ( also sometimes the limitations of the ehu mean that you cant use the max setting.) However we normally find its enough for us unless SWMBO wants to wash her hair as well.

If you want longer:-

If you re not on ehu, just press the boost button , give it about 10 minutes head start and you'll get lots of shower time.

If you are joining the NB group at Peterborough, you will find people with lots of experience of Alde in Niesmanns.

Jon
Thanks Jon, I will not be at Peterborough as I do not get my new Flair until June, but I feel a bit more comfortable. My wife does use mega water for hair wash, but then I have to wait 30 mins anyway as she has to then dry it.... forever!

No need to turn the electric off. You can use the electric and the gas together if you need/want to.
Great

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

I believe that the gas will not kick in while there is electric, and that certainly seems to be how ours works.

But like I said - its not often an issue.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I believe that the gas will not kick in while there is electric, and that certainly seems to be how ours works.

But like I said - its not often an issue.

I believe on ours both run together but agree very seldom required. We've done it once to get the central heating kickstarted when it was really cold.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
ours does work elec and LPG together------maybe the later ones are different??
-if you use so much water, I hope you have ordered your Flair with a super size water tank:);)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I was at the NEC on Friday and was told by the Aldi guys and the Niesmanns guys that the latest Aldi heating systems CAN be used on both electricity and Gas at the same time and in fact should be if large volumes of water need heating........:active:

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Hi
That's a nice size-------I wonder if I can change ours??:)
Nigel & Pamala
Difficult but not impossible, the tanks slide out of the garage, talk to Polch.

I was at the NEC on Friday and was told by the Aldi guys and the Niesmanns guys that the latest Aldi heating systems CAN be used on both electricity and Gas at the same time and in fact should be if large volumes of water need heating........:active:
Good news then, but where did you find the Niesmann people, where were they?

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
where did you find the Niesmann people

Well he was actually on the Carthago stand when I met him, but he was a very knowledgeable young man who not surprisingly seemed to object to have to attend a show selling a product he was unfamiliar with.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years

We do use both when at home on EHU and want to heat the van quickly------it is MUCH quicker using both
Nigel & Pamala

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Well he was actually on the Carthago stand when I met him, but he was a very knowledgeable young man who not surprisingly seemed to object to have to attend a show selling a product he was unfamiliar with.
Am I missing something, a Niesmann guy was selling Carthago?????????

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back