Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Morning Peter

I have a friend who had the same motorhome but with the small engine.
He loved it the only problem was the engine too small.
Not a problem with this one 2.8.
My Polish friend tells me this is a great engine for a Motorhome.
We never had problems with the 2.8 in our distribution vans.

Best of luck

Mel

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Only 50 miles, from Wakefield, so not too far for a proper look and possibly some bargaining.

Not my taste as I don't need 6 beds and cannot stand dinettes as they are neither a decent table, seat or bed but I really do like the idea of 2 cab doors as well as the camper door. I do miss the cab door that our old Hymer 694 had as the only way in, and out, of the TREK is as shown in the avatar.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Eura's have good reputation for built quality, they are fully winterized, have a double floor.. no structural wood, so none to rot.. ,
I like them a lot and are on my list of potential purchases.. not this particular model.. beautiful as it is, too big for us..
Not many in the UK .. and there is only one agent .. Oaktree Motorhomes.

Caravan Depot is a broker.. know nothing about them..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Bob&Barb had one very similar until recently. Bob loved it.
I recall it did have some problems but don't all vans?
That sealing strip across the roof at the back let water in that ran down the inside through the bedroom cupboards and through into the garage. There was a problem with an electrical circuit that I found for him in that if holding the van on the footbrake and using electric windows at the same time (toll booth) it blew the fuse. Looks very nice (y)

Habitation electrics are CBE

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
They are certainly solidly built vans, can't think of many better tbh. The pre 2003 models benefit from push button locks on the cabinets, imo better than the handles on later vans.
Don't know your budget, will say that the one you've shown is only slightly cheaper than say a 2004 van - something to think about.

They're also quite big and have a limited market, normally a few up for sale too, I'm certain you can negotiate a good deal if you find the right one.
Great choice though (y)

OP
OP
Peter & Elaine
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
It's not on the cards yet but we will be changing van at some point this year or early next
We are in big changes now with looking at downsizing house and sorting out pensions so this just very much in the early ideas stage
I just wanted some views on quality of this manufactor as I have not seen inside one
My first choice would be a RMB if I could find one under 25 K with the right layout for us

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Euramobil have a very good reputation, particularly for the 2000-2006 age range. This looks like a very nice motorhome with bags of space. Eura was a make we considered seriously before choosing a Hymer.
Hard to think that Euramobil is part of the same group that builds Auto Trail (Trigano) - no comparison in my opinion - but that is only based on looking them over at dealers and shows.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
2001 model, check the tyres and engine number to find out which year the chassis was supplied.

Went to look at a 2003 van recently and the tyres were all dated 2001, so they were 15 years old and so was the engine/chassis.

Didn't the early 2.8's have a problem with 5th gear?

Paul.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Seems a little bit pricey for the age and it won't have a turbo either so with such a large vehicle you'd have to be prepared to travel at a sedate pace.

One thing to be careful about is damp ... a member on here use to have a Euromobile coachbuilt (2007 model possibly?) and when he came to trade it in at around 3 years old or so it had quite a bit of damp in it ... be careful.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Generally good vans, I notice it is a broker that is selling it. Does seem a bit pricey, there is a 2007 for sale in Germany for 28K & 1999 one for 13k.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
It's not on the cards yet but we will be changing van at some point this year or early next
We are in big changes now with looking at downsizing house and sorting out pensions so this just very much in the early ideas stage
I just wanted some views on quality of this manufactor as I have not seen inside one
My first choice would be a RMB if I could find one under 25 K with the right layout for us

Think you need to get Snowbird on the case then, (y)

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
They are very well built, I think it will be turbo. make sure you get the cam belt done ASAP just for age. the price is OK if its good. BUT against religion to pay asking price. If you find it under powered get it chipped not a bolt on. it made a big difference on our B774 when we had that. (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
They are very well built, I think it will be turbo. make sure you get the cam belt done ASAP just for age. the price is OK if its good. BUT against religion to pay asking price. If you find it under powered get it chipped not a bolt on. it made a big difference on our B774 when we had that. (y)
Not necessarily, they were still producing and selling MHs with the 2.8 non turbo back then ... I know cause we had one!

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
we have a 2000 model love it to bits, loads of storage and plenty power when needed 2.8jtd,
its a tad overpriced we paid £11500 last july(private),
Picture 035.jpg

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We had our euramobil 4 and half years but on a Mercedes the only thing to go wrong was the control panel, very pleased with it, cant fault the build quality of them, @Gaz has the 810. (y) Bob.

Attachments

• us and gaz waiting for the funsters or the rain to be first.JPG
    us and gaz waiting for the funsters or the rain to be first.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
Peter & Elaine
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
My friend owned this van from new to 2009 sold with about 24000 on the clock it is the turbo engine he had no trouble with van and only sold it to update to a new Euromobile

Chris
I would like to know who owns it now and to see what they would actually take for it for some some reason I just don't trust these franchising merchants
And I certainly ain't paying a deposit up front just to view

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Good solid build, but, that model makes me think that when they built it, two workmen carried the 'bonnet' to the vehicle level, connected the hinges, dropped it down and thought, 'sugar! It's too long' then left it anyway. Just my opinion.

Craig

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
we have the single axel version of this and would definitely look at EuraMobile again if/when we decide to upgrade. ours is a 2004 had about 75k on the clock and was 19.5k from a dealer. Great layout with both cab doors unlike some A class but useful as the hab door will be into the road in the UK.

That model as others have said is double floor, heating to storage and Garage all areas are lined.

From the look of it the upholstery has been updated and looks in really good condition.

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
If we were to buy from Motorhome Depot again I would bargain hard on the price - they kindly left their paperwork in the Sunseeker we bought which had the advertised price and the expected price and the difference was about 3k. (We only got £500 off)
Also check everything thoroughly and don't take the agents word that things work. Look over it like you would at a Dealers. Because of the way they operate they like to get you to sign on the dotted line there and then because the agent has to travel to the sellers house to show the Van and they don't want to do it more than twice (once to show the van and again when you pick it up.)

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Would question layout. Had Dethleffs with garage and transverse double, pain if person at rear wants to get up first. Each to their own.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back