Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
Not a total newbie but keep thinking about ED with the grandkids hoepfully might encourage the wife to wanna get out more

Is there anyhwhere resonble rather than just a car park

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Some years ago we stopped at a campsite not far down the road in our VW kombi and commuted in to Disneyland first thing each morning eating a quick croissant brekkie on the way. Can't recall the site's name but the option of not overnighting in the car park exists if that's what you mean - it was easy enough.

The advantage of arriving a bit before the attractions open is they let you walk down Main Street to the main roundabout so you get first dibs on the popular rides at opening time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Campsite: CG.INTERNATIONAL DE JABLINES (3*)
ADDRESS: 77450 JABLINES

TEL: 01 60 26 09 37 FAX: 01 60 26 43 33

EMAIL: welcome@camping-jablines.com

FACILITIES:

LEISURE: PLAYGROUND/ GAMES ROOM

CATERING: SHOP

SERVICES: LAUNDRY/ MOTORHOME SERVICE POINT/ INTERNET

SPORTS: TENNIS/ SAILING/ CANOE/ WATERSKI/ FISHING

DOGS ALLOWED & DISABLED FACILITIES

RATING: 3*+ACSI+AR

CREDIT CARD ACCEPTED? : Y

OPENING TIMES: 29/03 -- 25/10

GPS COORDS: N 48.91333 E 02.73416

DIRECTIONS: EXIT A104 @ JN.8 (MEAUX), ONTO D404 - SITE IS SIGNPOSTED OFF THIS ROAD.

SITE DESCRIPTION: A large campsite, situated within a 450ha area made up of parkland and man-made lakes, conveniently, only 30km from Paris and 9km from Disneyland. The site is next to a large leisure facility (admission included) which, in season, offers a large range of water sports on the lakes (including sailing, canoeing, wind surfing and fishing) together with tennis, horse riding etc. This facility also has a bar/restaurant, whilst the site offers a shop and a playground. A daily shuttle service to Disneyland is also available from the campsite (tickets can be purchased on site).The pitches are 100sq.m average size, level, part gravel/part grass, divided by fences/shrubs, all with 10A electric and some with water/drainage, varying degrees of shade. Two fairly modern, clean and reasonably maintained sanitary blocks.
REVIEW :

1) This is a good, well-run site with very friendly and helpful, English speaking owners. The pitches were well laid out, but did vary in size quite a lot, with many being irregular shapes. Sanitary facilities were of a reasonable standard -- cleaning was regular, but sometimes not too thorough. This was a quiet site apart from some aircraft noise and late returnees from Disneyland (which stays open until 11pm). The lakes were good to cycle around and swim in, if desired, and many water-sports were available including a cable powered water-ski (never seen that before!). This is an excellent site for Disneyland and Asterix.

2) Probably the most convenient site for EuroDisney -- a short 20min drive and also not too bad for visiting Paris. Our stay here was pleasant -- two days at Disneyland and one day staying on the camp -- we found plenty to do, such as cycling, swimming, canoeing, windsurfing and water-skiing. There was a shop on site, which had a reasonable selection, but for serious shopping there is a big Carrefour 5km away at Claye-Souilly. The couple that run the site were extremely helpful and speak perfect English.

There is no catering on site, so you have to head for Claye-Souilly for McDonalds etc, or as an alternative, there is a small café in Jablines. Pitches were fine, being 50% ha.

Broken Link Removed
JABLINES

Upvote 0
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Just an opinion, I can't understand why folks stay anywhere other than the car park.

It is the perfect stopover, after a day at the park, the last thing I'd want to do is drive off to a campsite... just my tuppence worth.

Upvote 0

MJG1959

Free Member
Feb 14, 2015
Cleveland UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Just an opinion, I can't understand why folks stay anywhere other than the car park.

It is the perfect stopover, after a day at the park, the last thing I'd want to do is drive off to a campsite... just my tuppence worth.

Interesting, is that allowed?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Oh yes, 30 euros, or free if you have an annual pass (which we have )

Usually 100 - 500 vans parked up.

A quick search will bring up many threads about it.

Attachments

• P1000603.JPG
    P1000603.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 16
Upvote 0

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
We have stayed on a few different sites near to disney over the years.
There was a good on in crecy la chapelle, howeve reviews last year said iy had gone downhill, and it was in need of some refurbishment when we were there the year before.
Last year we stayed at a lovely site called les etangs fleuris.
You want to be on a motorhome pitch in the older part of the site as a much nicer feel there.

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2014
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs A 7870-2
Exp
Newbie, caravanner since 2008
Blimey, 30 euros/night certainly beats the New York hotel! My family stayed in a couple of club rooms between Christmas and New Year in 2012 for about 2.5 days. I think we averaged close to £100/hour. It was eye watering :eek:
I remember we all wore trainers and my 4 year old daughter was strapped in a buggy so that we could literally run for the gates at opening time. :LOL:
Would love to go again (at a quieter time) when my other half has forgotten exactly how pricey it was. Could be a while!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back