LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Is any make really better than another? Is it always a case of you hear the bad and never the good? Its just so confusing what to buy and what to avoid.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I think a lot depends on your budget and required layout.
Layout is the most important IMHO as you will have to live with it.
So I would look for the layout you think is best then see if a German manufacturer makes it(y).
Whatever you decide I wish you well. :)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
personly I like 3 barrels:whistle::whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 25, 2010
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009
We love our Adria, build quality, layout etc. It's our second adria and would definitely buy one again.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Is any make really better than another? Is it always a case of you hear the bad and never the good? Its just so confusing what to buy and what to avoid.

All answers are only my opinion bru
A 1: No, there's as many views on the 'best' make on here as there are scoundrels in parliament.
A 2: No, #4on this thread is an example of a happy customer. We currently have an Autocruise PVC, couldn't be happier with it but we need a bigger van for our long stays away so our new van is being built. For us it's an Autosleeper. I'm certain there will be problems with it, but that's life.
A 3: Yes, Agreed confusing in the extreme. But owning a van is the best way to learn what you really need and what is superfluous to you as an individual. You're half way there already! I feel that reliability has to be paramount in your case after reading some of your posts.
We've had 6 vans and are about to get our 7th. Of the six 3 were OK, 1 (the most expensive) was an absolute disaster and 2 were good vans. (y)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Sure some are better than others, but it all depends what suits you, the general opinion is that continental especially German are better build quality but at a price and if the layouts don't suit you it is all immaterial

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
For a coach built the 'method' of construction is the criteria I judge by.. ideally NO wood.. so nothing to rot ..

I would only buy German or possible French Pilote ..

We have been researching for over a year and still come back to German.. we are looking for a good second hand Hymer B544 .. L shape couch , model year 2003 - 2006 ...
there are two or three we have our eye on.. however.. I always keep options open.. there are other German vans we like.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
We have an Autotrail Tracker EKS (our second) and we are very happy with it. Got the second one new and any problems we had were dealt with under warranty..
One of the most important factors, after layout, is the dealer !! If they are honest and trustworthy and give good follow-up service, then the whole process is a lot more pleasant..
Autotrail is a reasonably priced, well built van on the Fiat base.. We have done about
20,000 miles in our two and visited 8 countries so far..
We wish you good luck and hope you find a good dealer..
Try asking on here for recommendations for a dealer near you !!
Mitch..

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Assuming you mean make of motorhome I would say Rapido, but then I would wouldn't I because I have one. I expect you will get the same biased answers from most people. I mean, some swear by Autotrail, because they have one. I have never owned one so can't comment on them. It might be better to list faults they have had in a particular make, that would give an idea which makes are prone to a greater number of faults.

I suppose the best thing it to ensure that anything you are thinking of buying is very thoroughly checked first and you buy from a Reputabe dealer who has a good reputation. Good Luck

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
If Money is no object I would always go for a Eura Mobil. Not only is the construction excellent their design is brilliant as well.

I had a Hymer first and although the construction was ok, there were lots of design niggles such as doors opening in inconvenient places, the fuse box being in a location where you couldn't easily see what was what. There was none of that with the Eura Mobil.

There are literally hundreds of examples of clever design in the Eura that shows to me they have actually used the products they sell..

Funds don't allow me to get another Eura, so my next one will likely be an older Hymer 584 purely as it is the perfect layout for me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back