Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
Awaiting the (delayed) delivery of a new MH and have started my troll of the various insurance companies to obtain quotes.
Whilst at the NEC on Tuesday I stopped at Caravan Guard's stand and spoke to a young rep (who had to ask a colleague the answer to some of my questions!) to get a quote. Once my requirements and details were noted it was arranged that I would be contacted that evening at 7.30.
Having stopped at the newest services on the M25 (with a surprisingly varied choice of fare) on time, my phone rings and I am taken through the normal Q & A. Amoungst the various restrictions and conditions was that the maximum mileage they allowed was 11,000, which, if you intend to go into Europe touring, I believe is just about acceptable.
After completing the process and being put on hold for 5 minutes I was quoted almost twice the cost of the two previously quoted premiums, was restricted to 7,000 miles, had to have a security bollard installed on my drive, was not allowed to drive to my place of work and a maximum of 90 days per annum European travel.
But hey, that's almost 5 years per set of tyres!
NB.
The MH is worth-sorry, substitute 'worth' for costs- £80k +

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
for certain insurers, they either wont quote for more expensive motorhomes in certain postcode areas or give a silly price and conditions. perfectly normal, as it removes the nasty problem of next time you are asked "have you ever been refused insurance?" when getting a quote, you can still honestly say no. lieing automatically invalidates your insurance as it will be on their database already

OP
OP
Spud

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
I'm in a very good postcode with regard to insurance.
Spud.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Spud

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
Im very surprised at £80k they didnt insist on an approved tracker device.
most insurers do.
That was amongst the 'various restrictions and conditions' I refered to!
Spud.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back