It takes time (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
the gradual realisation has crept upon Steve and I, that buying your first Motorhome takes a long time. THe number of plans we have looked at is exhausting! However, we have finally reached a solution that causes no concerns.

So my piano is off the market.
We will put our house back on the market and downsize and if that means heading more towards Spalding, well that's fine.
We will search the entire country for the MH we require.
If no suitable MH is found, we will get one adapted for us.

So that's it. The plan!

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I find that you only realise what you really want after you bought one that you think comes close. Nothing like a couple of weeks experience to make you realise that those things you thought were essential are not and those things you thought you didn't care about - you do.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we have got viewing off to an art now, going round a large dealer used to take us hours, not now, a quick look through the window rules most out, then a quick pop inside rules out most of the rest

these days we are lucky if we find one at a dealer to give further consideration to

good fun looking though :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
Spalding!, Now that is Drastic!, Fenites, webbed feeto_O

Only joking!!

I have been working in Grantham today, and have worked plenty in Spalding though a bit flat as most people expect Lincolnshire to be,

From Sleaford myself so a good compromise (y)

We found our van in South Wales after a long time searching, though after 10 years+ with a VW campervan we had a pretty good idea of what we wanted layout wise and for me any colour other than white so it made the search easier,

Good Luck with your search:)

Andy

OP
OP
Cat53
Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
I find that you only realise what you really want after you bought one that you think comes close. Nothing like a couple of weeks experience to make you realise that those things you thought were essential are not and those things you thought you didn't care about - you do.

Withe Steves disability we have to get it right first go....but the more we look the more we are discounting. There is no rush, other than the fact that we want to start travelling and enjoying this planet of ours a bit more than we are at present.

OP
OP
Cat53
Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Spalding!, Now that is Drastic!, Fenites, webbed feeto_O

Only joking!!

I have been working in Grantham today, and have worked plenty in Spalding though a bit flat as most people expect Lincolnshire to be,

From Sleaford myself so a good compromise (y)

We found our van in South Wales after a long time searching, though after 10 years+ with a VW campervan we had a pretty good idea of what we wanted layout wise and for me any colour other than white so it made the search easier,

Good Luck with your search:)

Andy

Spalding has the best bookshop for miles though....and Tonic Health and Springfields, so it's not all bad.....and anyway we will be travelling 50% of the time! :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
if you are like most of us it takes at least three vans. before we was happy. but have fun trying , we did.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back