WARNING: If you have a Lenovo Computer (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Confucius Old Mainframe Proverb he say "IBM never sell off any product line that is profitable". IBM printers were never much good so not profitable. Thinkpads (manufactured for IBM by Acer) were very good but not profitable enough in the overall company context of 10 years or so ago.

So could Lenovo make printers and laptops both good and profitable? I never took the risk of finding out :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks, I checked mine and it says i'm safe.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Confucius Old Mainframe Proverb he say "IBM never sell off any product line that is profitable". IBM printers were never much good so not profitable. Thinkpads (manufactured for IBM by Acer) were very good but not profitable enough in the overall company context of 10 years or so ago.

So could Lenovo make printers and laptops both good and profitable? I never took the risk of finding out :D
Last year Lenovo brought IBM's server business for n' billion, also they have been for a while the largest PC manufacturer in the world.

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
thanks for that, i checked and i am not safe, but unsure how to proceed. def not techno minded!!

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Thanks for the info I have an Apple but BH has a Leveno LP so will be checking after tea

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Just opened the link provided on my Apple LP and it stated "good your probably not being intercepted"
However when I searched for 'superfish' loads of certificates came up. Is this OK and if not what do I do

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I have found this on my laptop, anyone know how to get rid of it safely ? Can I just delete it in the list of certificates ?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
strangly ive had lenovos reccomended to me by several IT guys as being good work horses with minimum hassle
Nothing wrong with the basic machines, like any PC you buy it often comes loaded with bloaterware first job is to strip it off. Both our home desktops could do with replacing Lenovos are at the top of the list.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I was advised against Lenovo lap tops because of problems with the hinges failing, I googled Lenovo laptop hinge problems and found lots of postings confirming these problems.

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Lenovo's are bottom of my list alongside Hitachi. They used to be ok when IBM made them but the last few years of IBM they went downhill in my opinion.

I have just bought a brand new Dell XPS13 with the hi res screen and I have to say it is a cracking good bit of hardware only marred by Windows 8.1 which is the worst pile of crap I have ever seen.
I can't wait for the new drivers to get integrated under Linux so I can get rid of it.

But the hardware itself is stunning... At least as good as Apple now.

I wouldn't take tech advice from the BBC if I were you... And I wouldn't trust the Lenovo removal tool either. That's a bit like trusting the burglar who smashed your window to fix it.:confused::p

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back