Free Member
Jan 13, 2015
Great Dunmow Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Newbie Jan 2015
Drove the new MH to Vanbitz on Friday to get an alarm fitted. Excellent service and advice. Work started as soon as I arrived at around 8.45 am and Ashley ran me into Taunton whilst they completed the job. I had a Strikeback system fitted with a few extras i.e. sensors on the hatches and an additional siren. Boy is that thing is lound !!! I used the generous 15% discount as a result of subscribing to MH Fun so thanks MHF. This paid for the extras that I had so Vanbitz did ok from it and so they should. They will let you pitch up on the site that they own right next to the workshop. Coffee was offered and the facilities were excellent. The alarm is a real confidence booster and they have loads of other boy toys to buy whilst you are there. I got a taxi back from the town at around 1pm and the hand over and advice was delivered before I began the long drag in the rain and the M25 rush hour around London back to North Essex. The system is relatively expensive but I think very good value. Don't use the satnav for the last 20 miles getting there because it will send you thro a network of farm lanes that are just about a MH width. I has to ask one poor woman to back up a good few hundred yards and she was not impressed. I don't work or have any connection with Vanbitz but think they deserve a write up, excellence is quite hard to find these days. Well done chaps and thanks.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
We had excellent service from them when we took our MH to get a health check on the strikeback alarm. James gave us a tutorial in how to work it - we had the van for 3 months at that stage and had never worked out how the alarm worked! He also sorted out the satellite and we decided to get a gaslow system - all sorted out with great professionalism and workmanship.

We stayed at Cornish Park for a week and look forward to visiting the area again.

Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I have yet to see a comparison alarm system fitted that is cheaper than the strikeback, I do not think it is expensive most are not designed for motorhomes that are cheaper.
There is a good reason people go to Vanbitz even if just for advice
Yes, the basic system was comparable in cost to the one that the dealer offered to fit, but clearly a more suitable system. I paid extra for alarming every single locker door (5) plus the extra sirens. Pleased with the service, cost and the system. I would not look anywhere else for the next van

Scuba Steve

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
I'm currently at the Vanbitz site and I have to say what a great site this is, follow the instructions on how to get here that they give you and not your sat nav! Will let you no about the service I get tomorrow when I have my growler alarm fitted but it sounds like it's going to be good?

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
It will be steve. We had to take ours down to be sorted as it seemed faulty when we purchased the MH. The staff are amazing, the site great and, tho not cheap, I never felt overcharged. It now works perfick.

kiwi cornish

Free Member
Jan 26, 2015
cornwall
Funster No
MH
autotrail dakota
Exp
We have bought a new Autotrail which we will be picking up in march, and have also opted for the strikeback system so it's encouraging to see so many positive coments. Our dealer quoted £700 for an alarm to be fitted so we thought we would go with Vanbitz as they have come in cheaper. We are also getting the gaslow system fitted, so will look forward to picking up our van and hopefully be joining you guys on a meet sometime :LOL:

Scuba Steve

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
I've had my Vanbitz Strikeback Growler alarm fitted and although it's only just been done I'm very impressed with the demonstration I recieved and the service from Vanbitz, time will tell if it's as good as everyone says!
I'm already starting to think about having the Non Starter anti key theft system fitted
They also gave me some good advise on satalite systems and Gasflow systems so it sounds like I could be coming back?

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
@eddievanbitz , not sure if you can help, we recently had a problem with fuses and our wipers gave up, AA man could not find the correct fuse for them and disconnected battery to try and reset things and still did'nt work, we found after this that our sigma alarm does not now sound off, the indicators flash, but no sound, do you know if the system some how needs resetting with the fob, read the instruction booklet but can't seem to get it to work, any help would be appreciated.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi, sorry I know nothing about Sigma alarms. However, it would be unusual to have to program a siren back in as a battery had been disconnected.

It sounds like the AA man has disconnected more than he thought!

Are the wipers now working? if not I suspect that you have an electrical issue and resoloving one problem, may cure the rest

Good luck, I would suggest that you find a local auto electrician if you still have problems

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back