Need To Get A Sign Printed In Big Letters... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
In the expensive world of camp sites you seem to be allocated your own "space" in the form of your pitch.

In the rufty tufty world of the offsite motorhomer, people are free to choose where they park up.

As some favourite places seem to be getting busier and as some motorhomers seem to like to park only a few feet from you despite there being plenty of space, I am thinking of having the following sign printed in large type face in French as well as English.

PLEASE NOTE.

I PLAY LOUD HEAVY METAL MUSIC OVER MY POWERFUL SOUND SYSTEM.

I RUN MY GENERATOR EVERYTIME I NEED MY OVEN OR TOASTER.

I SCREAM AND SHOUT AT FOOTBALL COMMENTATORS.

I SNORE BADLY AND BREAK WIND OFTEN.

PLEASE CONSIDER THIS WHEN PARKING TOO CLOSE TO ME.

JJ :cool:

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Its mostly French who park 2 feet away from us when we are wilding.. I think it is for reassurance and protection from a "Rostbeufs" as they call us !! I am a massive 5ft 4 inches (( But dangerous when provoked )) :LOL:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
But how does parking so close to us protect them from us?

Maybe the garlic renders us safe?

You'd be careful , you, with what you say about garlic!:swear2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Surely you all know French vans like to cuddle up nice & close.:)
We were parked up at the top of a pass in the Massif Central, one other French van there, another French van came along and decided he liked the spot next to the French van, so he got the parked van to put his step in so he could get nice & close!

What about when you go for a pee, 6 urinals, two English guys one will stand at each end as far apart as possible, if a French man comes in he will stand next to you!

Also on the beach find a nice space with plenty of room on a near deserted beach along comes a French family complete with screaming kids & fags on the go & they plonk themselves down less than 2 feet from you.

You don't need a sign JJ what you need is some barred wire & a few stakes.:)

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Get a Spanish number plate, we always found that no-one parked near us when we had a Spanish registered van

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
JJ -make sure the sign is translated into French. They, more than any other nationality appear to dislike parking too far from any other van.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Garlic is not a problem.. As long as you BOTH eat it !!!
I guess JJ and Yodelli know that?? Or am I being presumptuous ..:rolleyes:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Well if I do the translation :sneaky:..... he's gonna have troubles..:giggler:.
I can be terrible, especially with French parking too near Arrrgggg!

I tend to use ... as we say in French some "green" language:swear:. Green being the colour of not matured fruit for most, so understand green language as "youth language"...= rude , not polite, familiar, direct, no manners....got it?

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Garlic is not a problem.. As long as you BOTH eat it !!!
I guess JJ and Yodelli know that?? Or am I being presumptuous ..:rolleyes:
JJ HATES garlic and guess what ...I love it !:rolleyes:
And guess who eats garlic .. whatever?:whistle:
And of course who runs away (or tell me to go away!) when I do?:LOL:
;)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
If, 'In the rufty tufty world of the offsite motorhomer, people are free to choose where they park up,'' and if one chooses a location thats not a site or an aire with marked out spaces, presumably people are free to do just that and others just have to put up with it. Although it might hoped that they have the sensibilities to give a little space, if the need to get in they will regardless, a sign won't stop them, they will happily, and rightly, disregard it.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If, 'In the rufty tufty world of the offsite motorhomer, people are free to choose where they park up,'' and if one chooses a location thats not a site or an aire with marked out spaces, presumably people are free to do just that and others just have to put up with it. Although it might hoped that they have the sensibilities to give a little space, if the need to get in they will regardless, a sign won't stop them, they will happily, and rightly, disregard it.

Jeeeeez!

It is a joke...

I am not REALLY going to put a sign up!

If someone moves too close for my liking (as happened last night) I just move (as I did last night).

Sorted.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
JJ you know where we are parked, mostly folk are very considerate here but on two occasions whilst here we had French (sorry Frankie) park so close to us I could step straight into their van without touching the ground, the second van we couldn't even open our hab door when they had theirs open chatting to folk but they did move on the next day thankfully .. Thing is their was plenty of space around us they just couldn't be bother

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
but it was a great idea. I have a tape recording of a dog barking. LOUDLY

Reactions: JJ
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I stayed a few years back at a winter sports site in the alps in midsummer. Unsurprisingly it was empty. After one night a french mhome turned up and in spite of the site being about 50 acres, parked within 10 feet of us. I couldn't believe it . I moved a couple of hundred yards away and they took the hint and didn't follow us.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
now that would be a nightmare. but then just to add to it a certain duck in front of you.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp

We have a saying which says it all:

La liberté de chacun s'arrête là où commence celle du voisin"
"Each one's liberty stops where your neighbour's liberty starts"
In other words , you can't just do what you fancy, you must be careful about your neighbour's rights too !
This is simple and called respect.

Of course IF the space is small, then sharing it is as well a mark of respect.
BUT if there is all the room you could wish of and people come and park right against your step door, to me it is just either stupidity or lack of respect.

I think I'm going to put "Chien Méchant" on my door, and then will come out with a lead on ! Just for the FUN of it!

Frankie (French!)

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
JJ you know where we are parked, mostly folk are very considerate here but on two occasions whilst here we had French (sorry Frankie) park so close to us I could step straight into their van without touching the ground, the second van we couldn't even open our hab door when they had theirs open chatting to folk but they did move on the next day thankfully .. Thing is their was plenty of space around us they just couldn't be bother

Don't be sorry Kath , I just HATE this! As long as you have room you should stay away enough of your neighbour, ...for the sake of some privacy!

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
If you are getting signs printed can I get one for my Tee shirt when we go to Tenerife in winter. It needs to say "I've had my bloody lunch ten minutes ago, No, I don't want to buy a handbag, DVD, CD, sun glasses or Rolex watch".

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Jeeeeez!

It is a joke...

I am not REALLY going to put a sign up!

If someone moves too close for my liking (as happened last night) I just move (as I did last night).

Sorted.

AHHHHH JJ I was just unpacking my printer to print out your notice and hopefully meet up with you to hand it to you!:)

Kath

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back