calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
Just bought new (to us) van and found it had 2 of the cylinders that need to be exchanged. What a nuisance this is proving to be. Have had to contact Calor head office, who are doing their best to help, but finding a stockist who is willing to play ball, or indeed who has any stock of these is proving difficult locally.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Try 'Go Outdoors' Broken Link Removed - they stock Calorlite and I reckon they'd do the exchange. The bonus is it's easy to check online if they've got stock of Calorlite at any particular branch. Oh, and if you've got one of their discount cards, the gas is a bit cheaper too.

Mike

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Supply and demand unfortunately.

Calor have a limited supply and it isn't just motorhomers using them.
There will be far more domestic cabinet heaters using them than Motorhomes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Go outdoors will exchange no problem. Did ours last weekend. They like them to be completely empty if possible because of transportation regs.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010

I think the issue is regarding the product recall John not shortage of bottles.
Hence playing ball

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

I don't think domestic heaters John.. unless there are some numpties around..
Calorlite is propane .. propane bottles shouldn't be stored or used with indoor domestic heaters

http://www.calor.co.uk/gas-bottles/gas-cylinder-safety/storing-gas-bottles

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Just bought new (to us) van and found it had 2 of the cylinders that need to be exchanged. What a nuisance this is proving to be. Have had to contact Calor head office, who are doing their best to help, but finding a stockist who is willing to play ball, or indeed who has any stock of these is proving difficult locally.

In fairness it is only a nuisance if you want them done FOC, if you just take them in and pay for filled replacements I doubt you will have any problems

As you say finding the cylinders was a bonus it is not really a loss to you, had they already been swapped and empty you would be paying for the refills anyway

anyway until they are refilled you cant use it, so I would just pay up and get out in it

edit - just re-read OP, I have made the assumption you are trying to get free exchanges on the recall, if wrong I apologise for the assumption

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Calors terms are a free full replacement.
calorlite.JPG

I have met a tugger who was charged full price by one retailer because the bottle was empty. That is simply theft! as the retailer will get credit from Calor for recall bottles.

Last edited:
OP
OP
calion

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
Thanks for the replies everybody. I need to exchange them because they are part of the recall and could be unsafe. There does seem to be a shortage of these cylinders, as 1000's were returned and are only beginning to filter through to distributors again now, once they've been tested. My issue has been certain outlet refusing to do the exchange, even though they should have. Obviously I want to make sure all the appliances in my latest van are working, so that if there is a problem I can get back to the seller in reasonable time. Both cylinders were empty.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back