georgie boy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2010
liverpool
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp
Hi all just seeing if anybody can give me any help. Got trauma heating in my autotrail cheyenne woke up this morning and put the fire on. works perfect but the blower isn't working checked the fuse in the sargents box and thats ok, anybody had the problem or any advise would be welcome.
Regards George

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
When did it last work? If you lift out the false floor in the wardrobe, and try to turn on the blower, is there any sound? Like the ticking of a relay? If so, the motor could be either dead, or jammed with dust. If there is nothing, it suggest no power reaching the unit, can you put a multi meter on the terminals?

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Also, I meant to say, have you tried the blower in both positions (auto and static) and have you twisted the thermostat to see if that helps?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Sorry this is turning into a famous Daniel stream of conciousness! :D
Working with computers, the two most common support calls I get can be classified into the following errors:
NPI and NSO, which stand for "Not Plugged In" and "Not Switched On", so I do have to ask this blindingly obvious question, is the habitation power switched on?
Sorry, but have to cover the obvious :D

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Had same problem last week. Found a fix on google. Switch off power for 15 minutes. This is instead of reset button. Was ok after doing this.

OP
OP
georgie boy

georgie boy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2010
liverpool
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp
When did it last work? If you lift out the false floor in the wardrobe, and try to turn on the blower, is there any sound? Like the ticking of a relay? If so, the motor could be either dead, or jammed with dust. If there is nothing, it suggest no power reaching the unit, can you put a multi meter on the terminals?
Hi Daniel thanks for the reply, The last time it worked was last night. Looks like I will have to get the false floor out the wardrobe and investigate in there. been living in the motorhome for 5yrs now, so its had a lot of running time, I did notice it started to make a bit of a winding noise lately, So got a funny feeling the motor might have packed in. I will have to get a auto electrician to check if there is power getting to it. Thanks for your reply.
Regards George

OP
OP
georgie boy

georgie boy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2010
liverpool
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp
Y
Sorry this is turning into a famous Daniel stream of conciousness! :D
Working with computers, the two most common support calls I get can be classified into the following errors:
NPI and NSO, which stand for "Not Plugged In" and "Not Switched On", so I do have to ask this blindingly obvious question, is the habitation power switched on?
Sorry, but have to cover the obvious :D
Yes its switched on and the power source. Just switched everything of and will give it 15 minutes and see if that does any good . thanks for the reply
regards George

OP
OP
georgie boy

georgie boy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2010
liverpool
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp
Also, I meant to say, have you tried the blower in both positions (auto and static) and have you twisted the thermostat to see if that helps?
yes tried it in both positions.
Regards George

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back