Sep 20, 2014
Luton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
8 years
looking for help on choosing a wind break
Have seen one in Spain that has bars that take place of guide ropes , not sure if they would work as good as ropes .

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
Purchased one last year. I've only used it a couple of times. Much more work to erect than a traditional windbreak but when done it really looks the dogs ********.
One word of warning. The principle is that you knock metal spikes into the ground and then the upright sections of the frame slip over the top or the spikes to create perpendicular framework to which the horizontal sections attach. I was using a metal hammer to knock the spikes into the ground and the tops of the spikes became burred making it impossible to slip the upright sections over them.
Isabella were very helpful and advised me to only use a rubber mallet to drive the spikes into the ground in future.
(Before anybody asks, no I wasn't erecting it on a hard-standing but on grass).
Stef.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
They are ok if you are staying for a few weeks. Carry a couple of Litchfields in van,,never put them up,,,waste of money...BUSBY.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We bought a nice grey fabric windbrake from a stall at Malvern show last year it came with tension poles to go in between the uprights. Reasonable price £30? Ish and very happy with them.

I looked at Jomax but couldn't justify the price

Last edited:

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
As above. I have seen these Coveva ones on sites and they do hold up well in rough weather. I currently have a Jomax windbreak which has aluminium tension bars across the top. It works well, but in windy weather guy lines are necessary. Instead of guys I now use gator straps (similar to bungees) which I got from Road Pro at one of the outdoor shows. Incidentally these straps are great for all sorts of things, including the bike rack.

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
HI,We have Jomax windbreak and as said is expensive but you get a nice bit of kit,we are out most weekends and sometimes for weeks at a time,so far five years of use and never had to use straps or anything else,we are in open fields so no protection from the wind,but you just have to make sure that the uprights are firmly knocked into the ground,you pay the money and get what you wanted.regards H.:unsure:

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
Have Isabella Crystal. Stands up well without bothering with guy ropes. Expensive but solid as a rock

T

Tackle man

Deleted User
We are fans of Jomax. The best windbreak system we have ever had.

T

Tackle man

Deleted User
I will try the jomax ..will they keep my dog in

Yes they will.
Not only do Jomax produce a skirt to fit along the bottom of the van but they also make a gate that fits in the windbreak enclosure. My daughter has 2 dogs and uses this system. :)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Another vote for Jormax - expensive but worth it.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We have Jormax windbreaks, they work well for us.
More than happy to recommend them.
Brisey.

T

Tackle man

Deleted User
Another vote for Jormax. The best windbreak money can buy. if you use the coach bolt they supply you can use a metal hammer to sink the uprights (y)

If you have a son-in-law who is a toolmaker you not only get a proper fitting driver insert instead of a coach bolt but also a purpose made dibber to make the hole in hard ground first. :D

Crocodile Dundee had a Donk! ...... I've got a Matt! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
All those of you that have jormax windbrakes, do you have solid or vision (see through) fabric? And how long are they? Just an L shape one end of the van or a complete enclosure?

T

Tackle man

Deleted User
All those of you that have jormax windbrakes, do you have solid or vision (see through) fabric? And how long are they? Just an L shape one end of the van or a complete enclosure?

Check their website as linked above. They do different designs. There are lots of different lengths and they will make bespoke if asked. My daughter and us have the grey web top with solid skirt. Very easy to clean. (y)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Another vote for Jormax - tried lots when we had caravans, trawled the web & shows but this is the best that we have found. Have 2 so big enough to completely enclose our 3m Fiamma awning area but hardly used yet as Fun rallies are too friendly to block your neighbours out :)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
We have a complete Jormax enclosure (with gate) of opaque material chosen so our dogs aren't over-excited (and therefore noisy) when other dogs pass.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back