Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
If the medics pass Kay fit to travel then we are on the ferry (£47.50 return for an 8 meter MH) this coming Thursday ! So, could all the funsters in Spain or the south of France tell me where to go and what will the weather be like ! muchos gracias !! :ROFLMAO:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
South of France & Spain means a big area, where are you headed Steve?

Weather not so good at present (but I'm sure it will improve) we are at El Rocio (cowboy town), West of Cadiz at present, but off to Portugal Wednesday. :Cool:

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Thanks for the reply Keith ! any where on the coast that's warm but not to far south, we only have 4 weeks ! :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Great to hear you are both able to get away. Stop by to see Yodeli (Frankie in Balma nr Toulouse)in France for a free stopover, great company and wifi. Then don't forget the banana yum yum in Spain, hee hee Have a great time and stock up well, am told part used bottles do not count on your booze allowance, is that true?

Last edited:

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Hard to say where you can go:

Very heavy rain most of yesterday in Conil de la Frontera, thunderstorms through the evening and night. Rain this morning clearing for a pleasant afternoon. More heavy showers forecast up to the weekend.

Folks who've been coming for years can't remember anything like it before. Camp truck busy towing vehicles off and on water-soaked pitches - front wheel drives seem to be suffering most.

Temperatures around 15 deg C.

Other than that very pleasant and relaxing.

:Smile:
Keith

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
15 Deg C :Eeek:
can humans live at such high temps:whatthe:

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Valencia area today did not get above 9 degrees,and its raining.

Good morning !!! this is the area that we were aiming for as we have a friend who is currently at Camping Azahar at Benicasim ! 9 degrees. is positively balmy as the temp here in Shrewsbury is -2 !! :cry:

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
hi stev4kay we are off to bonterra park on the 11th . freinds of ours are there now and the weather have not been to bad , better then here any way. there is a webcam at
red de webcams de comunidad valenciana .
give it a go . hope you have a good trip:thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
From North to South

Camping La Medes at Le Startit

Camping Bon Repos at Santa Suzanne

Camping Vilanova,

Camping Eden at Peniscola

Alcossebre

Tthis far North could be cooler but not as cold as UK is at present. :roflmto:

Have a good trip Steve. :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I hope you have snow chains on to allow you to get to the ferry, 4 - 6 inches of snow here this morning and more forecast to follow.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Spain

Hi

Have a look at :-

Link Removed

Type in your chosen area and see what is coming.

Generally Spain is having one of its cooler winters, but even 10C is 8C above most of the UK to-day.

pete

J

John Hicks

Deleted User
If the medics pass Kay fit to travel then we are on the ferry (£47.50 return for an 8 meter MH) this coming Thursday ! So, could all the funsters in Spain or the south of France tell me where to go and what will the weather be like ! muchos gracias !! :ROFLMAO:

Hi, just returned on Saturday from two months travelling down through France and all along the coast to Almeria and returned the same way, and it was cold in Almeria, and ranging to absolutely freezing in at Calais. When the Sun was out it was warm, but at night it was down to freezing but enjoyed every minute, so do not let the weather hold you back as it appeared to be warming up in Spain as we were leaving. Hope you both have a wonderful time. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Many thanks to all funsters who replied to my post with their helpful advice. Unfortunately we are having to call off the trip as we cannot get travel insurance for Kay as she is in the middle of her treatment. So it looks like we wont get over the channel until September.Scotland here we come in the spring !!! :cry: :thumb: Also thanks to Frankie (Yodeli) who was researching festivals and fiestas for me !! :thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Many thanks to all funsters who replied to my post with their helpful advice. Unfortunately we are having to call off the trip as we cannot get travel insurance for Kay as she is in the middle of her treatment. So it looks like we wont get over the channel until September.Scotland here we come in the spring !!! :cry: :thumb: Also thanks to Frankie (Yodeli) who was researching festivals and fiestas for me !! :thumb:

Sorry to hear that,, But in my opinion Scotland takes some beating, I love it and spent over a month touring all of Scotland a couple of years ago,,

And not so many midges in the spring,, It`s Beautiful,, :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back