Same old fiat scuttle problem (1 Viewer)

Sep 11, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Hi funsters. Anyone know where I can get hold of a new scuttle for the x250 along with new clips . Thanks for any help you can give me .

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Used scuttle
Broken Link Removed
Techno, you seem to be the guru when it comes to finding things on E-Bay. I'm always impressed by your posts on the matter.

At the risk of high jacking the thread (apologies) do you know where we can find the metal plate with barrel lock that can be fitted to the seat box of a Ducato cab. It makes a fairly secure area.

Sorry, I can't think of a better way to describe it and my searches on E-Bay haven't found it.

Here's hoping!(n)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Techno, you seem to be the guru when it comes to finding things on E-Bay. I'm always impressed by your posts on the matter.

At the risk of high jacking the thread (apologies) do you know where we can find the metal plate with barrel lock that can be fitted to the seat box of a Ducato cab. It makes a fairly secure area.

Sorry, I can't think of a better way to describe it and my searches on E-Bay haven't found it.

Here's hoping!(n)
not certain that anyone makes a safe door to fit the latest x250 model. but there is a different option designed to fit although expensive
http://www.southdownsmotorcaravans....cato/mobilsafe-x250-digital-keypad-107be.html

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Apparently a small family firm sold them some years ago but they closed?

As Big1 but simple version
seat safe.JPG

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Apparently a small family firm sold them some years ago but they closed?

As Big1 but simple version
View attachment 54328
Thanks, will investigate further but not really what I meant. The lockable plate simply replaced the plastic drop down cover shown in the pic. It fitted the aperture and the cylinder lock turned latches which located behind the seat box walls.

Sorry I can't describe it better but I do appreciate your efforts.

Cheers!(y):)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes as I said the people who made/sold it stopped trading.

Quote from another forum DATED 2011

Yes! You are correct.
A small firm produced a metal plate with a lock that fitted onto the front of the passengers seat. Sadly they stopped trading a few years ago but a friend or member of the family was to be seen at the last couple of Motorhome shows with a couple of examples of their wares.
I cannot speak with any certainty about this but in a conversation with him, I gather that it may still be possible to obtain them or they will make them.
Alternatively you could get them made yourself if you know the right people, all they comprised of was a slightly oversized metal sheet that fitted over the space below the front seat, with two welded clips at the bottom to ledge inside the hole. At the top was a welded on lock that when locked, the tongue fitted inside the top of the hole onder the front seat. Very simple and effective.
The one I had would not fit my Boxer so I bought a safe that is fixed into the van, which could be a cheaper and better option.

Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Yes as I said the people who made/sold it stopped trading.

Quote from another forum DATED 2011

Yes! You are correct.
A small firm produced a metal plate with a lock that fitted onto the front of the passengers seat. Sadly they stopped trading a few years ago but a friend or member of the family was to be seen at the last couple of Motorhome shows with a couple of examples of their wares.
I cannot speak with any certainty about this but in a conversation with him, I gather that it may still be possible to obtain them or they will make them.
Alternatively you could get them made yourself if you know the right people, all they comprised of was a slightly oversized metal sheet that fitted over the space below the front seat, with two welded clips at the bottom to ledge inside the hole. At the top was a welded on lock that when locked, the tongue fitted inside the top of the hole onder the front seat. Very simple and effective.
The one I had would not fit my Boxer so I bought a safe that is fixed into the van, which could be a cheaper and better option.

Alan
Sorry, I misunderstood your reply.

Thanks again for your responses. I appreciate your efforts.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back