Mar 4, 2014
Hurstpierpoint
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
im a newbie
Hi any one can help please?
We have had an annual travel policy for years with insureandgo.
Now my wife has reached 66 and I'm 64 the max time away on one trip is 31 days!
We plan to travel Europe in the spring being away for around 90+days.
We can get a one off policy at a high cost for 90 days BUT would really like the flexibility of having an annual policy so it would cover us whenever we wanted to travel without going through a new expensive policy each time.
Q? Anyone know of an insurance company that might offer this service ...Many of you Guys are away all the time ! How do you do the personal Insurance thing??
Any advise welcome
Thanks
Dave K

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
One thing to watch for is a condition that says you have to have your return fare booked before you go or your insurance is void, it's definitely on staysure as we had it last year and were away 5 weeks without a return booked and was actually uninsured, but didn't realise till we got back and I actually read the small print for some other reason and rang them when I found it and it is definitely the case.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Have you thought about changing bank accounts?
Our Lloyds account gives worldwide cover up to 80 years old for up to 45 days which you can extend to either 60 or 93 days at a cost think it was £130 for the 93 day multi trip cover. Nationwide do similar with one of their current account, Nationwide also European breakdown cover for up to 3.5T.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
arent "insure and go" part of the large spanish MAPFRE group? they underwrite many insurers selling slightly different policies and conditions....

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Try SAGA.

Not the cheapest by any means but provide good level of cover.

We had to leave them when my wife's medical history made their costs prohibitive.

Now insured through RIAS. Annual multi trip, any one trip up to 91 days. Both aged 66 years at time of taking out policy.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Have just tried this but, on declaring medical conditions, the website does not recognise my wife's medical condition. One of the problems where computer generated questions do not elicit a recognised answer. There is no way past it, it just says that the medical screening is incomplete.

However, for anyone with a straight forward history it looks to be a great help.

We have found that, even on the telephone where the "customer services agent" is referring to a computer screen, common sense goes out of the door.

To quote a TV programme of not so long ago "The computer says no!":(:cry:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Have just tried this but, on declaring medical conditions, the website does not recognise my wife's medical condition. One of the problems where computer generated questions do not elicit a recognised answer. There is no way past it, it just says that the medical screening is incomplete.

Goggle y0ur wifes condition..you may be surprised. I have had this happen in the past and found an acceptable term by searching. failing that call them, surely they must have a number

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Goggle y0ur wifes condition..you may be surprised. I have had this happen in te past and found an acceptable term by searching. failing that call them, surely they must have a number
Good idea, thank you. Will try this.(y)

OP
OP
Z

zebath

Free Member
Mar 4, 2014
Hurstpierpoint
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
im a newbie
Many thanks for all the helpful input!

The bank account one is really good but unfortunately not practical for us at this time.
We spoke to staysure and I seem to recall they would only do a fixed term policy for about £200+ for a 90 day cover so ruled them out.
As it turns out and I should have considered this initially the C&C club do in fact offer what I need at £102 pp
an annual policy with 183 days cover no one trip to be over 91 days. I think this will do! Should be able to squeeze in a couple of long trips and a few short ones!
Again many thanks for all your comments.
Regs
Dave K

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back