Going to the show at Birmingham what to expect? (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Hello,
We are going to our first show, Birmingham next Tue, will be staying on the (very expensive) Caravan Club temp site on Monday, only because taking dogs and too far to travel with them in on day, any one used it before? I'm assuming we just move to the normal car park on the Tue morning?
Also what kind of accessories do you tend to get at these shows, just big brands or are there independent traders?

Thanks Lin & Nige

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Loads of traders will be there. My husband is like a kid in a sweet shop, I have to almost rugby tackle him so he won't bankrupt us!

Never stayed there but it seems very convenient.

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
You'll see the caravan, motorhome and mobile home stands.

Big ticket accessories: aircon, generators etc

Guys selling ebikes

Owners of campsites displaying their places

Guidebooks: CC&C, CC, Brit stops, French Passion, All the aires, Caravan finder TV, Practical motorhome, practical caravan, MMM etc etc

Big distributors of camping accessories and people selling melamine plates

A few entrepreneurial stands selling something a little different: motorhome wifi, LED bulbs and strips, security devices, trackers etc

and quite a few "what on earth made them come to this show stands" i.e. knives that never go blunt, vacuum accessories etc

Moving from the CC car park to the main car park with reduce the distance you have to walk

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
You will see lots of things that will be at later outdoor shows BUT usually at higher prices to pay for the cost of the NEC stands.. !! :) We do a few of the outdoor shows and several items I spotted back in October at NEC were definatly inflated..
For a day out and if your new then all worth a look... Think this year I will give it a miss...

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
As for the disabled parking which is smack bang in front of the entrance the C C will, as they did last year, commandeer that for their driving tests :rolleyes: which is why we. unlike the last one ain't going this year

OP
OP

Deleted User
As for the disabled parking which is smack bang in front of the entrance the C C will, as they did last year, commandeer that for their driving tests :rolleyes: which is why we. unlike the last one ain't going this year
That's not very nice of them!

OP
OP

Deleted User
Poor quality, expensive food. Bring a picnic. :)
Will only be there 4 hours max on day, due to dogs in van, so will hold out on food then and get something on way home (y)

OP
OP

Deleted User

Guys selling ebikes

Guidebooks: CC&C, CC, Brit stops, French Passion, All the aires, Caravan finder TV, Practical motorhome, practical caravan, MMM etc etc

A few entrepreneurial stands selling something a little different: motorhome wifi, LED bulbs and strips, security devices, trackers etc

and quite a few "what on earth made them come to this show stands" i.e. knives that never go blunt, vacuum accessories etc

Moving from the CC car park to the main car park with reduce the distance you have to walk

Guys selling ebikes

Will be looking out for Britstops, think will leave CC site early to get to car park :)

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Nige wants to get an inverter, we have a simple plug in one, which isn't powerful enough for my hairdryer, looking for a bigger one to connect to leisure battery(I think?) :)

Well it won't be cheap We got our Sun Solar 1000w-peak 2000w pure sines wave with wireless remote control off ebay for about £130 and we never had a problem (touch wood) Also because its a controlled by a wireless remote you don't even need to get out of bed to switch it on (y) :)

OP
OP

Deleted User
Well it won't be cheap We got our Sun Solar 1000w-peak 2000w pure sines wave with wireless remote control off ebay for about £130 and we never had a problem (touch wood)
He will still want one, I believe it's the final big purchase we need to make us self sufficient, unless he thinks of anything else than we MUST have :D

Lin

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Oh! don't let him kid you there WILL be other 'essentials' that WILL be needed if you're to survive the great wilderness that is Yorkshire and journeys beyond. Take my word by the time the year is out your MH will be filled with lots and lots of junk some of which, it has to be said, may actually be useful at some time in the future :)

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Wadda mean hair dryer!! The BH once asked for one of those. I suggested that she stick her head out of the window whilst we were traveling at 60mph on the M4.
And she hit me ungrateful wench. I certainly won't be giving her anymore sensible cost saving advice. I even reminded her to take off her glasses BEFORE sticking her head out. Now I'm sure you'll agree that's consideration by a loving hubby :) me

OP
OP

Deleted User
Wadda mean hair dryer!! The BH once asked for one of those. I suggested that she stick her head out of the window whilst we were traveling at 60mph on the M4.
And she hit me ungrateful wench. I certainly won't be giving her anymore sensible cost saving advice. I even reminded her to take off her glasses BEFORE sticking her head out. Now I'm sure you'll agree that's consideration by a loving hubby :) me
I don't use it very often (short hair) it was the 1st thing I could find with a plug to test the inverter, it blew the fuse :whistle:

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Sore feet!
Poor quality, expensive food. Bring a picnic. :)

Definitely! We were going Tuesday with our coupons out of the CC magazine but managed to win some from Caravan Guard,something for nothing from an insurance company,don't hear that very often!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
He will still want one, I believe it's the final big purchase we need to make us self sufficient, unless he thinks of anything else than we MUST have :D

Lin
Why? We like to be self sufficient we don't like sites never use EHU, never found the need for an inverter just more weight to carry, we just make sure all the electrical devices in the van will run off 12V - Talk him out of it and you could have a new outfit with the money saved.:)

OP
OP

Deleted User
Why? We like to be self sufficient we don't like sites never use EHU, never found the need for an inverter just more weight to carry, we just make sure all the electrical devices in the van will run off 12V - Talk him out of it and you could have a new outfit with the money saved.:)
I think it's so we can use a small vacuum (3 dogs) one we have 12v will only work with engine running from cab plug, probably my mistake it said 12v which my delicate female brain took to mean I could plug it into the 12v where TV goes. Also our larger notebook wont charge, ok with tablet and phones. I could get lots of outfits for that though :giggler: shorts and t-shirt kinda gal :)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
We will be there also. It is tiring but I still enjoy it. We do stay over at times and have a second day but certainly not on the CC carpark at £30 per night!! Somers wood caravan park is only a couple of miles away and far better value -you can even have a Chinese takeaway delivered!
We also have dogs but we tend to return to the van at lunchtime for a break. As mentioned by Jim the food there is a rediculous price. When dogs not with us we take a packed lunch. I hope you enjoy the experience.

OP
OP

Deleted User
We will be there also. It is tiring but I still enjoy it. We do stay over at times and have a second day but certainly not on the CC carpark at £30 per night!! Somers wood caravan park is only a couple of miles away and far better value -you can even have a Chinese takeaway delivered!
We also have dogs but we tend to return to the van at lunchtime for a break. As mentioned by Jim the food there is a rediculous price. When dogs not with us we take a packed lunch. I hope you enjoy the experience.
Thanks is that a cc site? Would you then drive to show each day? It was a last min decision to go don't think would ever pay that much again, hoping we can use Britstops more once we have the book :D

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
No idea what that is lol :D
No excuses:D

upload_2015-2-12_11-12-14.png

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Incidentally Lennyhb just enjoyed looking at your D-day 2014 pics

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Milliemobile: Somerswood is a commercial site and is adults only. Yes we did drive in each day but the parking is so good at the NEC its a breeze. I have stayed on the CC carpark in the past but often the other car parks are nearer, and they all benefit from the free shuttle bus. If you want a C&CC site nearby then Kingsbury water park is your nearest, just about a 20 min drive into the NEC.

OP
OP

Deleted User
Milliemobile: Somerswood is a commercial site and is adults only. Yes we did drive in each day but the parking is so good at the NEC its a breeze. I have stayed on the CC carpark in the past but often the other car parks are nearer, and they all benefit from the free shuttle bus. If you want a C&CC site nearby then Kingsbury water park is your nearest, just about a 20 min drive into the NEC.
That looks really good, have added to my favs for future reference, thank you :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back