can anyone recommend ( security and trackers) (1 Viewer)

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
hello and help ( again). just wondered if I could tap into the wealth of knowledge in the community, and ask if anyone could suggest what are the best alarm and tracker systems and any recommendation as to who could fit them?Thank you :)

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
We have always been with the Tracker Network. Our next installation is Tracker Locate, which offers a higher level of protection than our previous Tracker Monitor systems.
Tracker Monitor pretty much depends on police patrol cars and helicopters picking up a signal emitted by the device and responding to it. Maybe okay in times gone by when police vehicles were a common sight on our roads, but not so clever these days methinks.
Tracker Locate also sends out a signal but instead of only relying on the police vehicles which aren't there it is also picked up by other vehicles fitted with similar equipment.
So there you have it. Now our police don't need to go looking for your stolen vehicle. Just sit at the station and wait until somebody else has located it.
Stef.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
ÂŁ40 job off Amazon, tracker/geofence/on line tracking/ dial in and listen... Good system that works well, however needs a SIM card which isn't an issue.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Like the others have said Eddie Van Blitzz and you get a Funster discount, so many recommendations on here for him got to be worth checking him out.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Had Autowatch alarms on last van & current one, never missed a beat. Wouldn't have a tracker if it gets nicked don't want it back would rather take the insurance payout and buy a new van.

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
For what it is worth a dealer told me that insurance companies are moving towards giving a discount on reversing cameras rather than habitation alarms , as not many motorhomes are stolen but a lot of motorhomes back into things and cost a deal of money for repairs.
We have not used an alarm just ensured the hab. door is secured from the inside and have left the MH from the driver and passenger doors, as they are taken care of from the motor alarm.
Etap

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
discount on reversing cameras rather than habitation alarms

When I purchased my MH in August Comfort gave a discount for both, from memory it was 10% for the alarm & 5% for the camera.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
For what it is worth a dealer told me that insurance companies are moving towards giving a discount on reversing cameras rather than habitation alarms , as not many motorhomes are stolen but a lot of motorhomes back into things and cost a deal of money for repairs.
We have not used an alarm just ensured the hab. door is secured from the inside and have left the MH from the driver and passenger doors, as they are taken care of from the motor alarm.
Etap
LOL I think that your dealer is talking rot or is trying to flog you a reversing camera. The small dinks and donks that people get manovering at slow speeds are probably not even reported, as the repair is cheaper than the excess.

I would love to get a motorhome back within a couple of hours of it being stolen to be honest, not a couple of weeks later after it have been trashed

I don't know of many people that think that they were better off "after" an insurance claim to be honest.

Besides, modern tracking systems (some) will stop the motorhome from being stolen anyway!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Vanbitz without a doubt.

If you need it for insurance purposes or are even hoping to get a discount then forget the cheapo DIY ones.

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
The dealer I was talking to can fit both. And I am glad you only think he is talking rot. Probably not reported doesn't mean they don't.
However, when I want an alarm fitted like other members here I would probably go to Van Bitz.
Etap

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
When we bought our new one I couldn't even insure it without both an alarm and a tracker

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Etap
With a van over 50k most insurance companies require an alarm, but most give a discount for a reversing camera.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Sa
Vanbitz without a doubt.

If you need it for insurance purposes or are even hoping to get a discount then forget the cheapo DIY ones.
Same here. Excellent service. Alarm and tracker fitted. Our van is kept in storage but I sleep well knowing it will call me if activated. Thanks Eddie (y)

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Don't want to sound negative but if a thief wants your van a tracker is not worth the money spent on it.
Most vans and high end cars are stolen by tech savvy criminals,there are devices easily available to buy that jam the trackers signal and devices to locate them !
A complex alarm system as sold by Vanbitz would be a better option IMO ,although personally I've only got a factory fitter immobiliser .
Was my pride and joy to go missing I'd rather not have it back,therefore I have no intention of paying a fee to a company who aren't as good at finding them as the rogues are at nicking them!

Vlad

Reactions: Sue

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back