Prohibition of Motor Caravans in Scarborough area. (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Done (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
filled my tuppence worth in ! bloody nonsense !!

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
All done they cut there own throats dickheads

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Made the mistake of ticking motorhome owner as well as local resident.

By ticking 'motorhome owner' puts me in a biased group, not ticking would have made more sense to me.....impartial with an opinion.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
It seems so naive, why can't they be leaders in the motor home concept and then reap the financial rewards.
I will be in touch tomorrow with my local contacts, business and council.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I left my details to be contacted to discuss further. If anyone does contact me I'll report back.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Survey completed, and contact details submitted, although as a Motorcaravaner, I genuinely do not expect to be contacted. :(

Regards,

Jock.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
My response-

I understand you wish to prevent nuisance overnight camping in vehicles. That is a valid objective of such a proposed ban on this type of vehicle.
What if someone simply parks a camper van outside their property, is visiting friends or dining at a local restaurant, for example? The proposed ban is discriminatory based on vehicle type alone. All vehicle owner share a right to the public highway and unless you have valid reason based on weight or dimensions of the vehicle, you are straying dangerously towards a bye-law which actively discriminates against a group of people based on how they spend their leisure time.
Motorcaravaners, in general, are respectful of the places they visit and overtly upsetting local communities is not normally on their agenda. As demonstrated by your proposed ban on motor caravans, doing so is quite counterproductive.
In an age where discrimination is frowned upon, why are you taking it upon yourself to alienate a whole leisure community when you should be dealing directly with offending owners who create a nuicance within your communities.
Your proposal is akin to banning the whole Muslim population of the UK from the streets of London based on the actions of the murderers of Lee Rigby!

We used to quite enjoy visiting Yorkshire, in light of your attitude to motor car a banners, we will now spend our cash elsewhere.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Jonandshell....more or less what i submitted but mine only consisted of two lines.
main subject was discrimination against class M vehicles over any other.

Baggers53

Free Member
Dec 30, 2013
Stafford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I have also filled the questionnaire in...I would like to go to Scarborough and Whitby this July...but if they d`ont want my money in the local community I have other options...its up to them!!!

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
so we are now out cast discriminated against because of the van we drive take it to the supreme court common you solicitors is it cos I is a motorhomer:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
bill

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
why don't we have a mass driver through demonstration riot and a big party got that wrong big party:cheers: then riot:boxing: :rofl:
bill

Bruce

Free Member
Aug 12, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER FLAIR
Exp
TWO YEARS
If it aint broke dont try to fix it Scarborough think again it is part of why people return time and time again. Do not spoil it

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Completed and details left.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Build an aire and we won't need to park on the streets and everyone's happy
That isn't going to happen in Scarborough Borough because of the planning policy which prevented the proposed use of their car parks for overnighting.

However, it could well happen (and has happened) in other areas when people have identified a suitable spot and approached the local council with evidence that creating an aire would make economic sense. The trouble is that very few people are willing to put that sort of effort in.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Completed and suggested they provide an Aire also explained what an Aire is, but I expect it will fall on deaf ears.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back