Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi,

Does anyone know of a site where I can calculate the cost of tolls using different routes through France, eg is the A75 a toll road, I know the A20 is mainly toll free?

Can anyone help?

Ginny

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, have you tried Viamicheln.co.uk I have never used it myself but i seem to remember someone suggesting that it would give you the toll roads and the costs,

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi,

Does anyone know of a site where I can calculate the cost of tolls using different routes through France, eg is the A75 a toll road, I know the A20 is mainly toll free?

Can anyone help?

Ginny

hi Ginny,

the A75 is free after Claremont Ferrand except for the Millua viaduct which is about 7euro i think but before claremont its a toll road.
as others have said, it doesnt always pay to use the N roads as they are often very twisting and slow thus using more fuel than you save in toll fees.

cant remember which others we've used as we use N roads where possible if we arent in a rush. much more fun than motorways and you see a lot more.

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Saw this on another thread earlier today, never used it don't know if it works:thumb:
Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
hi Ginny,

the A75 is free after Claremont Ferrand except for the Millua viaduct which is about 7euro i think but before claremont its a toll road.
as others have said, it doesnt always pay to use the N roads as they are often very twisting and slow thus using more fuel than you save in toll fees.

cant remember which others we've used as we use N roads where possible if we arent in a rush. much more fun than motorways and you see a lot more.

I agree with you, I dont like the N roads, you just get up to speed and you have to slow down for a village! Michael likes to slip it into Cruise control and take it easy on a long treck!!

Ginny

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Wouldn't know haven't seen either site, i'll have to bow to your greater knowledge, just trying to be helpful

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
:thumb::thumb:

Link Removed

Thanks for the information, this site is excellent it gives all the toll costs as well as a detailed breakdown of the route. I will certainly use this in future, together with Autoroute. The only problem will be trying to tell Tom Tom where you want to go - ours certainly has a mind of its own!

Ginny

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Remember you will have to pay if you break down on a toll road and you may not get the money back from your breakdown Ins. Just a comment so you can make an informed decision.

phill

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi,

Can anyone help?

Ginny

Try this one Ginny. HERE It's in French (but you would expect that wouldn't you :ROFLMAO:) but I found it easy to use.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

rannndy

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Venlo NL
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
be careful, if you are like me 3meters or more in hight some automatic toll booths see you as a lorry and are charged as such.
john

Englesman

Free Member
Jan 28, 2009
Belgium
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
6 years
Hi,

Can anyone help?

Ginny

Apart from the michelin site you could try Map24 – Route planner and maps for UK, Europe and USA by clicking on the dutch flag at the top,it then changes to English !!! ::bigsmile: I us it sometimes here in Belgium to compare with michelin:Smile:

Regards

Englesman :thumb:

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
It doesnt list prices, but heres a map to get through france avoiding Paris, the free motorways are highlighted in Blue :thumb: Not sure how accurate it is, but (someone has mentioned this already) I have used the Millau route, which is about 200 miles of free motorway, this might help plan your route

france-route-map.jpg

Last edited:

ant & Linds

Free Member
Mar 10, 2009
Selby
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Mappy

Try here does the toll roads etc

I have been looking for a route planner that allows you to specify certain roads. This seems to be the only site that allows you to do it. We are travelling down through France to Spain on Saturday/ Sunday/Monday in a weeks time and want to avoid the Boulevard Périphérique. I wanted to specify the A86 and on his site I hae been able to.
Does anyone else have experience of this route through Paris We have a
8.3 m A class motorhome

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
looks like via michelin with a different name to me:Doh:

Mappy is a lot better it is up to date with prices I have used michelin most of the time BUT when I get to a Toll road you can bet the price is twice as much as the michelin had stated ...we live in France
Mappy is I think a French web site

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi
Sea France> plan your journey tab> from >to> once selected gives you choice of roads (fastest. econ, scenic, petrol,deisel etc) calculates all map incl and print off

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Here's our journey so far.....

We left Calais and took to peage to Amiens €11.
Then Rouen..Tours €31.
The nip round Poitiers €6.
The rest N roads. Plenty fast enough in ecomonmy mode ( max 60mph ). On the dual carriageway we were always at our full toll speed.

Fual about €70, tolls €47 !!! Motorway diesel on French motorways is sold by pirates.

From Biarritz area we avoided all tolls, saw some great sights ( some of Spain looks 200 years behind the times ) and did the journey to Aranjuez ( 340 miles ) with ease. Depart 09:30 arrive 16:30. I don't think you need toll roads in Spain at all, there are too many good none toll roads.

Aug 28, 2008
Antwerp /Belgium
Funster No
Exp
I simply don't take the tollroads anymore in France:
- not cheap at all
- tiresome, no way to overhaul with those left-lane drivers :cry:
- you see nothing of 'la Belle France'
- fuel stations are more expensive
- motorway aires are not safe for overnighting :Eeek:
- if you overnight on the motorway, you'll pay double next day !:Eeek:
I take the N-roads; :thumb:
- more relaxed driving
- you can stopover everywhere you want
- you'll discover something on the way
- not that slower than the motorways, only the roundabouts slow you down, and the 50 km in the villages
- have a nice meal in a restaurant from what you saved on tolls :Doh:

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
I simply don't take the tollroads anymore in France:
- not cheap at all
- tiresome, no way to overhaul with those left-lane drivers :cry:
- you see nothing of 'la Belle France'
- fuel stations are more expensive
- motorway aires are not safe for overnighting :Eeek:
- if you overnight on the motorway, you'll pay double next day !:Eeek:
I take the N-roads; :thumb:
- more relaxed driving
- you can stopover everywhere you want
- you'll discover something on the way
- not that slower than the motorways, only the roundabouts slow you down, and the 50 km in the villages
- have a nice meal in a restaurant from what you saved on tolls :Doh:

You all make some very good points. We always come down by motorway, but we will definitely be going back via the scenic routes and N roads. Lots of time to plan though, we have another 6 weeks in Santa Suzanna and the weather today is fantastic and well into the 80s.!

Ginny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back