Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
So which do you think guys?

I remember when we first started with RV's, we had the thin blue stuff. Hmmmmm, that lasted about 30 seconds before it leaked!!!!!:Eeek:
Then, we went on to the grey "heavy duty" stuff and that was a bit better.:thumb:
Now, I'm seeing that there's one called RhinoFLEX but I know nowt about it.:Cool:

Any adivce as to which you've found to be the strongest?

Ta

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi Paul

IMHO the Rhinoflex is the best out there - the manufacturers claim its the strongest hose on the market.

A fair bit dearer than standard hoses (but you gets what you pay for).

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs

I remember when we first started with RV's, we had the thin blue stuff. Hmmmmm, that lasted about 30 seconds before it leaked!!!!!:Eeek:
Then, we went on to the grey "heavy duty" stuff and that was a bit better.:thumb:
Now, I'm seeing that there's one called RhinoFLEX but I know nowt about it.:Cool:

Any adivce as to which you've found to be the strongest?

Ta

I have pm`d you.

Maurice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Hi Paul

IMHO the Rhinoflex is the best out there - the manufacturers claim its the strongest hose on the market.

A fair bit dearer than standard hoses (but you gets what you pay for).

Thanks Linda. know what you mean on price tho', sometimes a few extra quid is worth the lack of frustration. Funny tho', couldn't finditon your site earlier on this morning?:Doh:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Thanks Linda. know what you mean on price tho', sometimes a few extra quid is worth the lack of frustration. Funny tho', couldn't finditon your site earlier on this morning?:Doh:

Site is hopelessly out of date Paul, too much to do and so little time. Will PM you.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun

Blimey Zask you must have powerful poo (hose going straight away:roflmto:):winky:

:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Last edited:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
I looked at the Rhinoflex hose on display with one of the 'stands' at the Shepton Show and was seriously impressed.

Looked really strong and click-locked into any position you wanted to make.

True it is a bit pricey - but what price would you pay to avoid the Robin Williams moment in the RV film. :Doh:

We will be changing over to Rhinoflex as soon as we see it again, that is for sure! :thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have it already, its OK and it is strong and its great at compacting down for storage

But, make sure you check the joints EVERY time before you use it, they do come undone and are a pain to connect back up when they do. Especially the extensions where twisting one way is tightening one section but undoing the other. Works great on the trade stand, but when its wet and your wearing gloves its difficult. You will need plenty of Vaseline as well.

It seems tough enough to last forever, should it wear out I think I would replace mine with regular sewer hose which is just much easier to use and once the jubilee clip is on its on for good.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I have it already, its OK and it is strong and its great at compacting down for storage

But, make sure you check the joints EVERY time before you use it, they do come undone and are a pain to connect back up when they do. Especially the extensions where twisting one way is tightening one section but undoing the other. Works great on the trade stand, but when its wet and your wearing gloves its difficult. You will need plenty of Vaseline as well.

It seems tough enough to last forever, should it wear out I think I would replace mine with regular sewer hose which is just much easier to use and once the jubilee clip is on its on for good.

A couple of US RVes who weren't very impressed with it ..

This hose may be good if you stay in one place and don't move it often, but if you are traveling and changing campgrounds almost daily, I found it not to last to the constant stretching and compressing. When we first got it I really liked it, but after a month of travels, it cracked in numerous places. I've had better and longer use from a cheap Camco hose.

The hose fittings are a bad design and leak when you are draining. Just what I wanted sewage in my side compartment. I called the company and they tell me to send a picture of the leak, they have never heard of this.

Hi Jim

What do you mean by 'regular' sewer hose ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back