Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Folks,
We are a female couple and we love travelling in our motorhome. We were just saying that when we're on our travels we love meeting people and having a wee chat.
One thing that makes us feel a bit sad is that other motorhome couples sometimes seem shy to chat to us. I don't think I'm being paranoid. I guess it's because most people travel in male/female pairs and we are a bit different. I've decided that this year I have to be braver and make a real effort to strike up a conversation. I hope people will meet us in the middle and do the same.
Happy travels folks!
Mags

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks John - what a lovely reply!
Look forward to meeting you two too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Hope to see you both at one of this years rallies and will happily chat - hope you don't object to dogs saying hi also!

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Really hope to meet up with you two and enjoy your company. We're, Ashley and I, just in final process of selecting the MH of our dreams and frustratingly not finding one yet but hey ho soon will be finalised and our first trip will be round sunny Scotland. I am originally from Kilsyth so I do know the climate well lol

Oct 5, 2014
peterborough
Funster No
MH
micro van
Exp
Hoping to meet you both soon, we are newbies and haven't been on a rally yet, but down for Soul Weekend and
Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Mags52; don't forget there is a pets group on this forum so you can post photos of your 2 and chat with like minded Funsters.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
motorhoming/camping is a great leveller. it matters not what your social status or household composition is. we all have to empty the toilet

I will keep an eye open for you in my travels and will certainly come over and say hello

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Careful about those rallies, you'll get talked to death :D The only people who don't get spoken to are those who stay in their vans :D

As I keep telling you Graham you've got to come out sometime...

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
damn hit post to quick. was going to say we have met all manner of very interesting people on our travels over the years. one couple that sticks in my mind is a couple of men travelling together. nothing odd of course about 2 men these days, it was just one was openly wearing a dress. beard, hairy legs and a dress.
it seemed everyone else on site was giving them a very wide berth. possibly embarrassed or worried they might catch something. I hate to see people treated like that so struck up a conversation with them. lovely people they were too and were quite used to being ignored or worse.

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Will definitely keep our eyes open for you. Mind you, other people might think we're a bit fruitcake going round asking every female on rallies or meets. "are you mags".

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hello, don't worry the only ones who get talked about more than two people together are loners ..... come and join me and the three of us could cause a RIOT... :) Look forward to meeting you both and your dogs.. You will enjoy the meets and rallies with Fun ... Keep posting. :) x

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Maybe meet one day, your not far away:D, we don't go to meets but maybe on a campsite in Scotland.(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We are not 'shy' but don't mingle quite as much as some funsters who REALLY like to get well sozzled at the same time ... as I don't drink it can get a bit 'lonely', however when we do mingle we enjoy talking to anyone and anything (cute dogs especially!) so if you see us hanging around please do say hello to us, or pop round to our PVC for a natter.

People are just people, each one is an individual ... some more individual than others, but all welcome. :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hello, don't worry the only ones who get talked about more than two people together are loners ..... come and join me and the three of us could cause a RIOT... :) Look forward to meeting you both and your dogs.. You will enjoy the meets and rallies with Fun ... Keep posting. :) x
Now then Joy, stop trying to get them into trouble already ... gotta give them a bit of time to settle in first then ... do your worst! :X3:

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We've been hovering on the edges of the Funsters for four years so we're ok with a bit of a ribbing. We've only been to one meet and that was the year we bought our MH so it's time for us to get to know you folks better. I don't drink much either Mel so I'll definitely look out for you.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Folks,
We are a female couple and we love travelling in our motorhome. We were just saying that when we're on our travels we love meeting people and having a wee chat.
One thing that makes us feel a bit sad is that other motorhome couples sometimes seem shy to chat to us. I don't think I'm being paranoid. I guess it's because most people travel in male/female pairs and we are a bit different. I've decided that this year I have to be braver and make a real effort to strike up a conversation. I hope people will meet us in the middle and do the same.
Happy travels folks!
Mags

Hi can honestly say you have nothing to worry about on a Fun Rally come and join us on one think you'll be pleasantly surprised we are all Motorhomers enjoying what we do good to have you join in. (y)

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
Hi Folks,
One thing that makes us feel a bit sad is that other motorhome couples sometim:/es seem shy to chat to us. I don't think I'm being paranoid. I guess it's because most people travel in male/female pairs and we are a bit different. I've decided that this year I have to be braver and make a real effort to strike up a conversation. I hope people will meet us in the middle and do the same.
Happy travels folks!
Mags
Hi Folks,
Happy travels folks!
I travel on my own sometimes and I would love to have a chat with other people, alas I am not good at making the first move and some don't trust that my dog Badger won't eat them, if I see you girls I will certainly say hello and Badger is really lovely and loves to meet other dogs and their owners.

Mags

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back