Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Hi. Our motorhome has a Sigma alarm which we believe to be a S30. It's had 4 previous owners so have no idea about code to put into Key pad ( incase fob fails). Unfortunately we have no manual or instructions either. Has anyone managed to reset the pin without knowing the current one? Apparently it can be done.

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Do you know where the alarm/immobiliser control box is?

When we got our new to us motorhome it only came with one remote, I got an auto electrician to find the control box, there was a sticker attached with a serial number and code on,

Bought a couple of extra remote fobs from the manufacturer and downloaded the manual to program them up

Worth a look?

Adrian

OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Hi Adrian

No not a clue where the unit is. I am thinking the same thing get someone to locate it. I really don't fancy stripping the motorhome down lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
May be worth it

A good auto electrician will know roughly where it is and probably gain access quite quickly. If it is marked up with the code and/or serial number, as most seem to be, the auto elec may even be able to sort it

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Hi if you still cannot sort I have a manual I could photo copy pages if this helps and post it to you

OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Hello. Thank you so much for your response. If you are happy to do that I would really appreciate it. Very kind of you to offer.

RogueStorm

Free Member
Jan 8, 2015
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Compass 740
Exp
Three years, Western West Europe 2015, Eastern West Europe (and some Western East Europe) 2016.
Hi Mark, I've just seen this post and was, until recently, in a similar position. Motorhome with an S30 alarm, four previous owners and only one remote working. I changed the battery in the non-working remote just to be sure but nothing. I had no idea of the PIN and the previous owner had no idea either. I downloaded what I thought was the correct re-programming instructions and tried it with no luck. I did it twice and didn't want to go for a third as I'd heard that you could get 'locked out'. I posted on here and found out that Sigma have been taken over by Scorpion, based in Chorley. I spoke with a technician (01257 249928) who asked me for the alarm's serial number. Like you I had no idea where the 'black box' was - and still don't, however, I found a serial number on the alarm horn which was just under the bonnet. More in hope than anything else I gave this to the Scorpion technician and he was able to give me a PIN. He also sent me a set of instructions which differed significantly from the ones I'd previously downloaded. Once again, with a slight amount of trepidation, I tried to set the second remote up. BINGO! I now have two working remotes. Kudos to the man from Scorpion.

This of course pre-supposes that none of the previous owners had changed the PIN which I assume, none of mine had.

OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Hi. Thank you very much for your reply. I have still not resolved the issue and have no idea if previous owners have changed the original pin number either. I just worry that one day my fob will fail. I tried a reset procedure too but no luck. Looking like a new alarm might be only option. Will give the number you mentioned a call tomorrow. Thank-you so much.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There was only one fob for the (Meta) alarm in our van when we bought it and we had no instructions.

The only way of obtaining new fobs was to send fob and control box to Meta for new ones to be coded. Not a job for me (especially as I had no idea where the box was/is, let alone how to disconnect and reconnect it. We took the van to a reputable local auto electrician and they sorted it out for us. Cost a bit but at least we now have three fobs.

RogueStorm

Free Member
Jan 8, 2015
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Compass 740
Exp
Three years, Western West Europe 2015, Eastern West Europe (and some Western East Europe) 2016.
Hi. Thank you very much for your reply. I have still not resolved the issue and have no idea if previous owners have changed the original pin number either. I just worry that one day my fob will fail. I tried a reset procedure too but no luck. Looking like a new alarm might be only option. Will give the number you mentioned a call tomorrow. Thank-you so much.

If you want I could send the instructions I was sent. You could give it a go after contacting Scorpion for the PIN if it's not been changed. The instructions are fairly simple.

-----------------------------------
On the numeric panel:

* * A A A A
* n
#

Where AAAA represents the 4-digit PIN code and n represents the total number of remote keys to be recognised by the security system (maximum 4). To confirm correct
input of you PIN code the siren will bleep after entering the last digit. The numeric 91 is the access code or command which tells the alarm unit to accept the new keys.
Then immediately give the button on the first remote key a quick press, the siren will bleep, now give the button on the second remote key a quick press, the siren will bleep
again, continue with third and fourth remote keys (if applicable). After pressing your final remote key wait 10 seconds. Finally test that all your remote keys arm and disarm the
security system.

-------------------------------------

This worked for me but you will need to find that serial number.

OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Great thanks very much I will try to locate serial number and give them a call. Really appreciate your help

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back