Help ! Insurance for an American RV needed. (1 Viewer)

Travelbug1

Free Member
Aug 12, 2010
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 yr
Hi all,
As title suggests we need to insure our new to us c class rv that we collect to morrow. Have got a quote from Adrian flux, just wondered who else to try that is competitive on price.

Thanks
Mrs travel bug

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
http://www.aib-insurance.co.uk

This firm advertises a fair bit, though they couldn't match the quote I got from Comfort, which is Adrian Flux, and get underwritten by Aviva, who I think are the only firm to cover the larger motorhomes.

You could try the Camping and Caravanning Club and Caravan Club, though they couldn't help me, and also Saga, again no joy for me.

Contact me via the email form on my blog www.thebusphoebeandme.us - scroll to bottom of page. :)

Apr 18, 2013
Nuthampstead
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
since 2013
Were with Safeguard. I don`t think there the cheapest, but included is breakdown/recovery inc europe.
Worth a try anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Safeguard

You can get an online quote,

Not the cheapest but good cover , windscreens etc..

Adrian

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
I don't think Comfort and Adrian flux are related as suggested earlier

Neil

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
I don't think Comfort and Adrian flux are related as suggested earlier

Neil
Sorry - I sort of got the impression they were. Must have got my wires crossed :0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
NFU

good insurers , was with them for about 5 years with the RV, nothing they won't insure , but their premiums were getting a bit high..

I guess you only ever know how good or bad an insurer is when you have to claim..

I had one claim , accident in France and they were hassle free and settled quickly.. and no increase in premium.

DJSteward

Free Member
Feb 5, 2014
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
We recently tried everyone for our 7.5 tonne Damon in a very secure but non Cassoa site.

Safeguard were the only outfit to give a half reasonable quote, but do not accept their first offer!

Our existing insurer, Comfort, wouldn't quote for an RV in anything other than a Cassoa Gold site.

NFU won't go over 3.5 tonne.

David

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Safeguard here too, not the cheapest but complete cover including EU rescue.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We're with CaravanGuard. UK and EU breakdown cover included.

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Tried NFU Louth on my last two renewals.

Both times I was told that they do cover RVs and that someone will call me back, unfortunately no body could be bothered to return my calls either time, great customer service!, so went with safeguard.

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Caravanguard for us too

OP
OP
Travelbug1

Travelbug1

Free Member
Aug 12, 2010
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 yr
Thanks,
I have tried Caravanguard but as we can't show who imported our RV they won't insure it as they won't do personal imports on dealer ones!
For ease I have just stuck with comfort till april when our renewal is but do need to change and also need breakdown as currently with Arrival C&CC but I have heard they don't cover over 3.5t and we are now 5t!
Adrian Flux have quoted a reasonable amount so I'll keep checking on here for recommendations from you all.

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Thanks,
I have tried Caravanguard but as we can't show who imported our RV they won't insure it as they won't do personal imports on dealer ones!
For ease I have just stuck with comfort till april when our renewal is but do need to change and also need breakdown as currently with Arrival C&CC but I have heard they don't cover over 3.5t and we are now 5t!
Adrian Flux have quoted a reasonable amount so I'll keep checking on here for recommendations from you all.
I am with Comfort - Thebus is 7.5 and we were taken from Suffolk to Lincoln on Monday - no probs

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back