Video review of Camping Pinar San Jose in Zahora (1 Viewer)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Too quick off the mark again....

Impetuous yoof,

You have to Slow Down round here, you are in Olde Farte territory.

Lady Penelope is an artist, they don't cope well with new technology.

First time her mobile phone rang she served Sir Rex half cooked boiled eggs then answered the egg timer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Thought I'd share this excellent video with you all. It's taken by a fellow camper who is here for the first time and has fallen in love with the place.
Note our camper parked near reception and the view of the large pitch with the caravan and awning (and numerous tables and chairs!) That's ours too
:LOL:

Marie .... I am supposed to officially retire in 11 years (Oh Dear!) if I want full pension (still very very low ... about 700 euros if lucky... which will be half of the actual 700 euros by the time...boohoo!) Can you please book a pitch for me (27 oct 2026...I think:D) so I know I'll retire in a decent place ...please... Well if JJ allows that is:whistle::rolleyes: !

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Excellent!
Thanks Penny, often wondered about and fancied this place for winter. A really good video with no B/S and just showing it as it is.
Really tempted.........but
I wonder about the weather on that side of Spain in the winter?
Everyone always says that the Med side is warmer and having had one winter in Calpe and another in Totana/Mazarron, I cant help but wonder if the winter weather is good enough on that side?
What's your thought?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Sometimes it rains? But a great place, will visit again.

Attachments

• 20140420_135105 (2).jpg
    20140420_135105 (2).jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 37

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
and just showing it as it is.

Well not quite, after his first camera and it's tripod were last seen heading for Cadiz as he tried to film The Storm with Jaws tying his Smart to a tree to save it, he vowed to film only on the good days with his new one, equipped with an anchor. I do admire his patience.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Retiring on a paying campsite + JJ.

You are the Ultimate Ninja Frog Optimist. If JJ reads this it may finish him off.

I said in 11 years time.... things might change a bit.... It might be nice to have friends around...! He might just the same be outside the barrier .... he'll still be outside and free and not too far!;):p:cool:

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Excellent!
Thanks Penny, often wondered about and fancied this place for winter. A really good video with no B/S and just showing it as it is.
Really tempted.........but
I wonder about the weather on that side of Spain in the winter?
Everyone always says that the Med side is warmer and having had one winter in Calpe and another in Totana/Mazarron, I cant help but wonder if the winter weather is good enough on that side?
What's your thought?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well we have great weather usually - bit cold this year but so is the Med!
What we do have is real Spanish Spain - not Brit Spain.Yes there are quite a lot of Brits here but we don't hanker after Brit life with sunshine. You won't find a pint of John Smiths anywhere!
Very natural scenery and very green - we don't have brown hills and plastic fields! The fields around us are used for vegetables for local use and grazing for the beautiful Retinto cattle. No Tesco/ Asda production around here. What is grown we eat!

We have a great social life with plenty of live music both on and off site. All our activities are organised by ourselves - it's not Butlins in Spain ;)

SO if you fancy trying it you'd be more than welcome. Some people come and hate it - others come and love it. It's a Marmite site.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You won't find a pint of John Smiths anywhere!
No Tesco/ Asda production around here.
All our activities are organised by ourselves - it's not Butlins in Spain ;)
It's a Marmite site.

Any more good reasons to avoid it ?

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Lovely site.... (y)

Just a shame some Romany`s have sneaked in with the caravan..:(

Bet when they leave there will be old Bikes, Washing Machine`s and all sort`s of rubbish left behind... :wink:

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Any more good reasons to avoid it ?

Just telling it like it is so the Benidorm lovers don't waste their time coming here. ;)

Lovely site.... (y)

Just a shame some Romany`s have sneaked in with the caravan..:(

Bet when they leave there will be old Bikes, Washing Machine`s and all sort`s of rubbish left behind... :wink:

No bikes - don't do that sort of thing and no washing machines - the campsite ones are too good to need my own ;)

I should have married them when they begged me to...
:giggler:

In your dreams pal ;)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Nice place. The video tends to induce motion sickness though. Every shot a rapid zoom or pan on a stationary view:eek:.
As I was told by a professional filmaker many years ago 'the actions supposed to move, not the camera' obviously some camera movements can add to a film, but not every shot.:censored:

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Nice place. The video tends to induce motion sickness though. Every shot a rapid zoom or pan on a stationary view:eek:.
As I was told by a professional filmaker many years ago 'the actions supposed to move, not the camera' obviously some camera movements can add to a film, but not every shot.:censored:

Thanks for the advice but as I said originally it was made by a fellow camper not me! He isn't a funster.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Just telling it like it is so the Benidorm lovers don't waste their time coming here. ;)

this sounds like our kind of place.. :)

thanks for the honest review Marie .. heard so much about it.

we hope to make it down here Sep 2016.. :cool:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
this sounds like our kind of place.. :)

thanks for the honest review Marie .. heard so much about it.

we hope to make it down here Sep 2016.. :cool:

As long as you don`t park in my hole/pitch... :wink:

Looks like some Geeerman has got his towel there all ready... :Eeek:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We love the site as well

I would definitely recommend a beer or meal at the hostel bar opposite and to watch the sunset from the beach bar on the RH side

ps. We really don't spend all our time in Spain in bars lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back