Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
At the last meet my taps were blocked.

There was water pressure getting to them as if you left them they dribbled and the pump would occasionally start.

The toilet was fine.

I had drained the boiler prior to this.

If to put pressure on the taps themselves water could come out around the bases.

How you you take them apart as I am no DIY person:RollEyes:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi John, in a house when you get an airlock, attaching a hose to an open tap can shift it. If its an airlock John this should work in the RV too, maybe:Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
A common problem is a blocked flow straighten in the tap spout.. try unscrewing the end of the tap outlet, there is a fine mesh screen that gets blocked with debris and lime scale..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hi John

Are the taps the mixer taps that have one spout if so there is a screw on fitting at the base of the spout undo this and inside there is a rubber ring seal make sure its seated properly.

If they are the seperate tap type make sure that pipes to each tap under the sink are tightened up

Hope this helps :thumb:

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
So many different design of taps could be an airlock could be blocked could be a that when you appear to turn the tap on its not actually opening the mechanism.

Maybe yours is amongst these?

Link Removed

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Undo the wire mesh filter on the end of the tap, if you cannot get it off, put some scale cleaner in a cup and put it under the tap spout!

If you havent got any scale cleaner, use vinegar.

Peter

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Hi John

Are the taps the mixer taps that have one spout if so there is a screw on fitting at the base of the spout undo this and inside there is a rubber ring seal make sure its seated properly.

If they are the seperate tap type make sure that pipes to each tap under the sink are tightened up

Hope this helps :thumb:

Both mixers similar to the diagram

Last edited:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Is it wise to use purifying tablets it the freash water tanks before using if they have been not used for a while?
And also can you use the Bluloo tablets in the flushing water for the toilet? (so it smells nice)

Boo

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Is it wise to use purifying tablets it the freash water tanks before using if they have been not used for a while?
And also can you use the Bluloo tablets in the flushing water for the toilet? (so it smells nice)

Boo

To sanitise the system add about one cup of domestic bleach to a tank of fresh water, pump through the system open all the taps including the shower head. Leave for about ten minutes then drain and flush.. I do this about twice a year.

Don't add anything to the black tank.. it will destroy the natural bacteria required for breaking down the solids..
Black tank have a pipe running to the roof, it allows the methane to escape.. it can fall down into the tank and prevent it working properly, if you have smells check that this hasn't happened..

For lots more useful stuff on RV maintenance
Poop Sheets by phred

Last edited:
OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Would you believe it spent New Years with just trickle from my taps:Doh::RollEyes::RollEyes::cry:

All it was as suggested by scotjimland was the filters on the spouts of the taps blocked :Doh::RollEyes:

What a dipstick I am:Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush:

Last edited:
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Would you believe it spent New Years with just trickle from my taps:Doh::RollEyes::RollEyes::cry:

All it was as suggested by scotjimland was the filters on the spouts of the taps blocked :Doh::RollEyes:

What a dipstick I am:Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush:

Sometimes you overlook the obvious , would suggest you clean the waterpump filter if it has one, if not would be a good idea to fit one.

Regards

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back