Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Does anyone know how to remove the little on/off etc lever from the kitchen sink tap on a set-up like this? I want to remove the existing lever as it is always getting knocked on when washing up etc and rather than cut the original down I thought I'd fashion a replacement but I can't see how to remove it as the hot/cold marker on the top doesn't appear to come out so probably not got a hidden screw under it.

smev tap.jpg

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Hi Mel, Do you know the make of the tap. If it is a Reich Twist Mixer tap you have to remove the red/blue grommet. I have not had one apart myself it is only what I have read. I have always followed all of your threads ever since you changed to panel van from a coachbuilt, as we were doing the same. Should have paid my money sooner but had only just started to use a computer (2years ago). Hope you sort your problem. From another PVC owner Terry

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Why do you need to remove it ?
As per my original post - I want to put a shorter one on rather than 'hack' at the original, that way when we come to sell in the future I can put the original back on

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Similar set up for the shower tap in our hymer. The H/C red blue button needs to be removed if it is the same. A compass piont or similar should do it. There is a square spigot under the handle that any type of joystick can be fitted to. One possible solution, turn handle 180 degs and refit if spaces allows? You would have to depress to turn on though.

Dick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back