Apr 11, 2013
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
5 years
Hi All,
Has anyone fitted a SOG version 2 to a 2012 model B544? I think I'm going to fit one (have one fitted?) given the positive feedback on SOG's. It's now more a question of which version. The mark 2 vents underneath the van instead of through the cassette toilet door. The issue is where do you put the filter housing. I think it could go in the bottom shelf area of the cupboard but would appreciate comments from those who have had one fitted.
Best wishes to all....

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Have a factory fitted one on my 2014 Exsis i-678, it is the underfloor one and it uses the round canister filter. Mine is a C400 but same principle applies to C250, the newer cassettes have a pressure vent underneath the cassette that also acts as an extraction point for the SOG, the vent opens when the cassette is inserted.
With a SOG installed a flexible pipe is connected to the underside of the hole in the base of the housing (this lines up with the cassette vent) the other end of the pipe connects to the top of the filter, which in my case is in the next compartment, the bottom of the filter has a ridged pipe connected to it going out through the floor.

The other option is a roof vent, they don't normally fit a filter with a roof vent. My mates Carthago has a roof vent he says you get the full benefit in the lounge when the wind is in the right direction and a rooflight is open.:)

I've taken some quick snaps for you please excuse the quality. (Looks like cassette hosing is overdue for a clean)
P1000040.JPG

P1000041.JPG

P1000043.jpg

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Through the roof is a good idea..

I re-routed a SOG outlet on a friend's van up to the roof, the cassette door was in the awning and the stench, even with a filter, was not very pleasant in hot weather..
I routed the pipe inside the van, inside a piece of square mini trunking in a corner.. and fitted proper roof cowl..

All RV black and grey tanks vent to the roof.. . and no fan required, the natural draft is sufficient to vent the tank.. lived in our RV for three years and never smelled it. .. except when dumping... yewwwwwwwwww.. that was bad.. evil even.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
SOG still fit a fan in the roof vent, but not a filter, no reason why you can't add one.
Our last van had door mounted filter if the filter is changed regularly you shouldn't get much smell, the canister filters work better but are expensive, when I looked in a dealers they were €22.

OP
OP
Valkman

Valkman

Free Member
Apr 11, 2013
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
5 years
Have a factory fitted one on my 2014 Exsis i-678, it is the underfloor one and it uses the round canister filter. Mine is a C400 but same principle applies to C250, the newer cassettes have a pressure vent underneath the cassette that also acts as an extraction point for the SOG, the vent opens when the cassette is inserted.
With a SOG installed a flexible pipe is connected to the underside of the hole in the base of the housing (this lines up with the cassette vent) the other end of the pipe connects to the top of the filter, which in my case is in the next compartment, the bottom of the filter has a ridged pipe connected to it going out through the floor.

The other option is a roof vent, they don't normally fit a filter with a roof vent. My mates Carthago has a roof vent he says you get the full benefit in the lounge when the wind is in the right direction and a rooflight is open.:)

I've taken some quick snaps for you please excuse the quality. (Looks like cassette hosing is overdue for a clean)

Thanks for the pictures Lennyhb - that's brilliant! one picture is better than a thousand words. (Must get the wife a camera :D) My Thetford toilet is a C403L and the housing pictured looks identical to mine. Am I right in thinking the vertical white pipe in the right hand back corner of your cassette housing contains the SOG exhaust pipe which ends up in the other compartment entering the top of the Green Filter housing?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
No that is just a cable in some protective sleeving looks bigger than it is.

A couple more pics, the first one is a view just in front of the housing, you can just see the SOG hose in the top left hand corner, the convoluted black one.
The hose goes straight back towards the vent hole under the cassette housing.
P1000044.jpg

P1000045.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back