Help Santander (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2010
trawden lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We are currently on the ship 2 hours of docking at Santander, does anyone know of any Aires very near Santander as they have announced on the ship that all roads south from here are closed due to snow.
Are their any funsters in the area?
Joyce & John

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
We are currently on the ship 2 hours of docking at Santander, does anyone know of any Aires very near Santander as they have announced on the ship that all roads south from here are closed due to snow.
Joyce & John
All the Aires Spain and Portugal >>>>>>>>>>>

Lierganes N43 20.694 W003 44.463 10 spaces, near Santander Port
Llanes N43 24.968 W004 44.699 10 spaces, 6metre limit. West of Santander.

Weather conditions south of Santander are appalling, cars, lorries, MH's facing najor problems with snow etc.,

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Should have said that your best option is probably find the first available spot, petrol station, off road bar/restaurant, supermarket etc., and "fort up" till you hear the roads have been cleared. Authorities working very hard to sort it out and they are good at it........be patient and wait it out, safest bet.
Let us all know how you make out, good luck, best wishes.

Bryan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Thanks for the information let you know what happens
Joyce

Parking at the Ferry Port and in Santander
Parking is only permitted for dropping off and picking up. Passengers wishing to park for longer must use one of the paying car parks nearby. Please note that there are parking restrictions throughout Santander for any vehicle over 1.8m in height.

Parking for motor homes, camper vans and caravans
Public area in an industrial zone - Park at your own risk
Address:
Calle César Llamazares, 39011 Santander

SOMO Motorhome service point
Address:
Calla Mojante 25. Somo-Suesa, Cantabria

66 caravan spaces including 10 electrical hook-ups. Price: 12 € with electrical hook-up and 9 € without (includes VAT). Maximum permitted stay is 96 hours.
Other services: Grey and blackwater disposal, drinking water, electricity, recreational area, bathrooms and outside showers. Supermarket and petrol station 500m away.

Hope that helps, I would stay close to port for now until weather changes as on local radio here they are saying lots of snow across Spain and the army are now involved in clearing.

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Santander port area is absolutely massive, I would think that if the surrounding area is snowbound then it would make common sense to park up in one of the open spaces until the situation improves.

Nov 9, 2012
Paignton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1995
Agree with rolandrat,....the port area is massive and I would have thought you would not be on your own. Just surprised Local Police via Brittany Ferries have not suggested something. Have seen pictures in press here and it is deep in some areas.

Good Luck John

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Joyce & John
In Morocco John, but if you do a quick search I have recently posted the co-ords of a few places in or near Sandander for a night stop, they are not aires though! Hope they are some use all the best
Simon

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
just head along the north coast. or get to torrelavega and head towards suances .we use a place called tagle abit west of suances . head for the beach . should be ideal there .

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
I was going to suggest head for Bilbao and then Burgos to go south. It s not quite so steep and the clearing of snow may have had more attention it being a major autopista. More snow is forecast for today though. Good luck
ezee

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
watching the spanish news here in spain i would say its almost impossible to cross spain today . hundreds of cars etc trapped in snow as much as 4ft deep.
just stay on the top coast and make the best of it .
i would go west and enjoy asturia and cantarbria.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi John ,Joyce no further advice other than to say I hope all improves for you soon. Safe journey south when you can. Where are you heading?
Down by Sevilla at the min and planing on cadiz tomorrow. It's been a nice day here its hard to belive it's so different up there. Take care.

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Big car park at football club used to stay there with lorry head right out of ferry follow beach up on left its called racing santander

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Stay safe all. Find somewhere to sit it out till things improve

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Got this from LaPaca (Spanish Aires site.)

Broken Link Removed

At the Marina at the end of the runway of Santander Airport on the fringes of Santander itself. By the water so more than likely frost and snow free (Hopefully)
20 places and overnight not a problem.

Reactions: DBK

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well it is specially bad at the moment it's true - however old maps of the Continong such as what we used to use in the 70s and 80s for touring or going from A to B, used to print the background in colours to designate the contours - and there's one helluva lot of high bits in all of Europe!

Always remember coming back from Almeria to Santander late August one year and in the mountains at the back of Santander (after Burgos - around Fuente De area) it was like being in Switzerland - green grass, pretty cows (Jersey look alikes) complete with cowbells, free range chickens, cabras etc and handwritten signs in farm gateways offering leche, huevos and queso for sale. We loved it. We'd not seen a lot of green since the golf course at Almerimar so it was great. Then you used to almost literally PLUNGE down towards the coast.

Have always meant to hang a left and visit the Picos de Europa - still on my bucket list.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
we still use that same route . not so much coming back as it warms your brakes abit . but going from santander south you cant beat that bit of road.
i still use a map from 1974 can you get later ones . ha ha .
mind its my favourite one as its nice to follow the old roads. much nicer than the motor ways .
anyway the spanish news have just said the A67 is reopened . but i think i would wait till morning .
its really deep snow in lots places inland . yet been sunny on the med .

OP
OP
hoot007
Aug 19, 2010
trawden lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Only got internet today, first night we stayed at a lorry park 2nd night at Saunces on a car park which was fine. We set off yesterday still a lot of snow around but roads were clear, at an aire near Huelva which is good,warm weather compared to snow. The Algarve tomorrow. Thanks for all your replies.
Joyce & John

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Only got internet today, first night we stayed at a lorry park 2nd night at Saunces on a car park which was fine. We set off yesterday still a lot of snow around but roads were clear, at an aire near Huelva which is good,warm weather compared to snow. The Algarve tomorrow. Thanks for all your replies.
Joyce & John

V glad to hear you survived the experience, enjoy the rest of your trip.

Bryan

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Stayed friday night at a new Aires De Service in SOMO about 12 kms east of Santander ferry terminal . There is hardstanding level parking for 70 vehicles and 12 pitches have EHU it is also has a barrier and fenced . Cost is 12 euros ehu pitch and 9 euros without , maximum 96 hour stay . Only 2 vehicles onsite when we were their

Reactions: DBK

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Sorry also has two toilets , water , emptying , rubbish disposal and BRRRR outside showers

Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back