Under-seat safe advice required.. (1 Viewer)

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I would like to have a safe fitted under the drivers seat of my Swift Sundance 630L which is the 2010 model (X250 I believe). Has anyone have a safe fitted in this location? There are other locations in the van that I couod have a safe fitted i.e. under the dinette seats but prefer the drivers seat option. I found this link on a previous thread and have emailed the company about suitability but any other suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks.

Broken Link Removed

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
Fitted one under the passenger seat on my old Riviera 141(y) It was just a facing plate with a barrel key fitting. Worked OK

Reactions: SMB
OP
OP
SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fitted one under the passenger seat on my old Riviera 141(y) It was just a facing plate with a barrel key fitting. Worked OK
I have seen those mentioned, another option thanks. The company has got back to me saying that a newer model safe will be coming out shortly so I will wait and see! Thanks for the reply

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We've got one of these;
Broken Link Removed

It's bolted to the back of my seat (drivers) and when the seat is turned round at night, it's entry is covered by the front of the seat. In other words it would be the mother and father of a job to get at.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If you are going to fit a safe it needs to be somewhere it can not be found easily behind a false cupboard back or false floor. If they break in an find it they will do a lot of damage trying to open it of get it out, I'd rather they just took what they find in the van it's all replaceable so why worry.

Deleted User
If you are going to fit a safe it needs to be somewhere it can not be found easily behind a false cupboard back or false floor. If they break in an find it they will do a lot of damage trying to open it of get it out, I'd rather they just took what they find in the van it's all replaceable so why worry.
Only stuff we have concerns about are spare keys and documents, like you say everything else is replaceable. Find best option is to not have anything too flash or expensive so if anyone is taking note of our stuff when we are out & about will soon realise our phones, notebook, camera etc are not worth nicking, we look poor anyway :D

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I always keep the spare key in the safe, they'd never think of looking in there......:wink:

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
We have one of these too, works great, got it off eBay, so there out there you just need to keep looking. (y)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Only stuff we have concerns about are spare keys and documents, like you say everything else is replaceable. Find best option is to not have anything too flash or expensive so if anyone is taking note of our stuff when we are out & about will soon realise our phones, notebook, camera etc are not worth nicking, we look poor anyway :D
If you leave a spare key in the van your insurance will be void.
The boss always has a moan at me making her take the spare key with her, have to agree these modern jumbo size keys are a bit of a pain.

Deleted User
The boss always has a moan at me making her take the spare key with her, have to agree these modern jumbo size keys are a bit of a pain.
I know, we try to hide it well, it's mostly if we are going to be at beach as we spend a lot of time in the sea and don't want to risk water getting in electric fob key, camera waterproof so always goes in water, phones as they are old cheaper ones we risk in a dry bag. :)

OP
OP
SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
I did not know that! Thanks for mentioning it, the safe was going to be for other things as I have the spare keys dotted around the van in various boxes stuck in unusual locations. guess I will have to take the spares with me as well :(

OP
OP
SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
My vans a Swift, there is no storage space for normal stuff! I know what you are saying, its the opportunist thief v the 'professional' who knows what, and where, to look. I have been pondering about it since I bought the van :unsure:

OP
OP
SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
We've got one of these;
Broken Link Removed

It's bolted to the back of my seat (drivers) and when the seat is turned round at night, it's entry is covered by the front of the seat. In other words it would be the mother and father of a job to get at.

My seats dont swivel but it would probably fit under it. Another one to considrr thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back