Better deal for motorhomers in Portugal (1 Viewer)

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
On the Algarve at the moment, met a lot of people quoting this article.
Money for the towns/villages of Portugal , facilities for us, it's a win win if it all works out(y)
Amazingly though we've met a few people from the uk who although appearing to be extremely well off, are very proud to say things like,
"We've been here for 4 months & haven't spent a penny to park"
Tight or what!!!!
I'll get me tin hat ready:D

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
They may appear well off, but a casual observer will not know the true situation. Might be a nice motorhome but might be on the never-never (as I recall it being called in my youth, though I don't recall why)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
On the Algarve at the moment, met a lot of people quoting this article.
Money for the towns/villages of Portugal , facilities for us, it's a win win if it all works out(y)
Amazingly though we've met a few people from the uk who although appearing to be extremely well off, are very proud to say things like,
"We've been here for 4 months & haven't spent a penny to park"
Tight or what!!!!
I'll get me tin hat ready:D

There will always be these people who want something for nothing (freeloader tossers they have been called) :LOL:

We have seen them come to some MH stops that will only charge €4 (£3) to stop, but no they turn round and leave. It has to be worth that just to empty your tanks and get fresh water.

Not all MHome's are well off, we see many that have bought an old second hand van but still enjoy coming to get the better weather and in some cases saving on sites will be the only way they can do it. Far worse are the idiots that won't bother using facilities provided and dump their waste in sensitive places, like in the sea, and all nationalities have them.

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Last week I watched some nearest to us over the pond F....h come into Alvor aire and steal water, how bads that? How low can you get I think its
only 1euro to fill.

Deleted User
Cycled to Sta Luzia and Pedras del Rei from our spacious(180 sq m) ridiculously expensive (€14/night, 16 amp leccy) prison camp in Cabanas today.

The old spot at Pedras has been tarmac'd and barriers put on, €4/day no facilities though, around 10 motorhomes on. Room for another 100, though I don't know if the authorities would allow it to fill with motorhomes as it is mainly intended as a car park for the beach in summer.

Around the football stadium were about 20 motorhomes and on a small plot at the end of the front in Sta Luzia another 20 where shoehorned in, no facilities on either.

I suspect this will happen wherever facilities are provided, the ones we have seen in the Eastern Algarve at Manta Rota and Vila Real with facilities and a low fee are used but plenty still park for nothing around them.

Not my idea of a fun time......or wildcamping.

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
Whereabouts on Cabanas are you Matamoros? We're on RuaA plot 40 but have popped away for a few days for a holiday!

Deleted User
Near neighbours!!! you will have to do a bit of detective work though, click on the avatar and there is a big clue:)

My cover is blown:rofl:

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
are you on rio formosa?? as a uk 5th was there in january when we were there, on recomondation from yourself last year,:):)

Deleted User
That was probably us on Rua A hiding behind a caravan, where were you?

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
h, post: 1290881, member: 168"]There will always be these people who want something for nothing (freeloader tossers they have been calmarina at

We have seen them come to some MH stops that will only charge €4 (£3) to stop, but no they turn round and leave. It has to be worth that just to empty your tanks and get fresh water.

Not all MHome's are well off, we see many that have bought an old second hand van but still enjoy coming to get the better weather and in some cases saving on sites will be the only way they can do it. Far worse are the idiots that won't bother using facilities provided and dump their waste in sensitive places, like in the sea, and all nationalities have them.[/QUOTE]
Have I got it wrong ?
I like to wild camp to get away from the crowd, but if there is a aire
i will use it. Having a few days on the marina at Portamo.they have got it just right pay to park 2.50 if you want water ehu or showers you pay extra. Also if I go to a village aire and there are 3 shops I will try and spend a small amount in each of them and not fill up with food at the big supermarkets . because if you dont support the small shops and bars, it will turn out like UK no pubs no shops so no need for AIRES.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
we was on an aire in the south of france a couple of years ago and our neighbours moved 5 km away as it was a euro cheaper

Deleted User
Yes that was us,I think you left just after we got back. I remember we spoke a couple of times and that you were from Prestwich. We are still there/here until May, leave 5'er here and move on with the caravan for a few months in France and back to Heywood and Sunderland for the summer. Have you any plans to return down here, I seem to remember that you were trying to sell a property in Portugal.

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
yes we went to Portamao for a few days then up to the agents and reduced price,
we will be coming down again not sure when as Diane is fascinated by the maroc trip thats going on at moment so that may take priority, is Gordon still there and Rob,

Alan + Diane,

Deleted User
Gordon and Rob still here, site very full at the moment but will start thinning out at the end of Feb and through March. When we leave at the end of April it's usually like a ghost town.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If people want to live as inexpensively as possible, it doesn't worry me...

If people want to spend lots of money where I wouldn't, it doesn't worry me...

I don't mind how other people want to live their lives.

People should be able to spend their money however they want to without others criticising them...

(Obviously buying a Man U season ticket or replica shirt are exceptions to this rule.)

JJ :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back