Free Member
Feb 4, 2015
West Country
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
7yrs
Hi just found this site so thought this looks fun lets join!! plus I have a few major issues with my 1998 Fiat Ducato, which I will get to later somewhere else. anyway not been anywhere for a while and when I did get out it was just to go fishing and get away from her that must be obeyed (only joking). so looking forward to 2015, and hitting the road, if I can get my little problem sorted. so may see some of you on the road.

OP
OP
Reptillian

Reptillian

Free Member
Feb 4, 2015
West Country
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
7yrs
thanks everyone, OK jolly Rodger little problem posted in the tech section but it's me coils, they aint springing. what I have is a really bad sagging on the front offside, I have put all round new suspension back and front but the drivers side still sags, in fact the shock is sitting on it's stop, the passenger side is excellent and riding well over what I thought it would. twin leafs on the rear as it only had singles before and they were bent and twisted the fire stone air bags weren't doing anything either they got ditched and replaced with dunlops. so rear end is also looking good and riding better than ever, just the front offside and i'm a bit lost now. chassis not twisted but garage did say they reckon the walls are water logged on the off side which is causing the problem, I had the damp levels checked when I had the bathroom done, small leak in the roof, but there were no other signs of damp. no other water ingress that I can see and I had the roof resealed last year. anyway its an Auto trail Cherokee, I have heard though that Autotrails are well known for damp, but only heard this from one source. so don't know how true this is. :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Reptillian

Reptillian

Free Member
Feb 4, 2015
West Country
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
7yrs
Hi Stef & Di i'm in sunny ole Brizzle well not so sunny at the moment more like blue and very cold... much like every where else I believe. :giggler:

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
First thing I would do is weigh Moho ,though I doubt that water ingress would cause the problem you have.
Somewhere in the back of my grey matter I believe there was a thread on our forum with a similar problem ,mabey the fiat owners site forums .
You have definateley had the chassis checked ,around the area in question ? As some suffered there.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Stef & Di i'm in sunny ole Brizzle well not so sunny at the moment more like blue and very cold... much like every where else I believe. :giggler:
Hi & welcome - best way to enjoy Fun is to come along to the rallies - bookings now being taken for the Bristol Balloon Festival so not far to go! See http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum...interest-potential-rally.101689/#post-1286722 :)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
hello.jpg

OP
OP
Reptillian

Reptillian

Free Member
Feb 4, 2015
West Country
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
7yrs
First thing I would do is weigh Moho ,though I doubt that water ingress would cause the problem you have.
Somewhere in the back of my grey matter I believe there was a thread on our forum with a similar problem ,mabey the fiat owners site forums .
You have definateley had the chassis checked ,around the area in question ? As some suffered there.
yes been on a jig and chassis all measured and checked A-OK. what has happened to all the weighbridges? but a kind gentleman at the trading standards gave me a hint, so off there this afternoon. yea I been looking around at the different forums and I know there are issues but can't seem to get an answer. so will know for sure later today. this will not defeat me!! it's got to be something really daft that I haven't thought of yet. I hope... it's just really odd that the near side is OK and the rear is ok just the offside!! :frowny: and yes it would have to be a big ingress and an awful lot of water to weigh it down that much!!

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Hi and welcome from South Glos.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Another Welcome from St Stephen in Cornwall

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi and welcome to the fun, I used to write for the reptillian magazine when it first came out. Not had any reptiles in the rescue centre for many years now. Am also into fishing so be nice to meet you one day.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi and welcome from East Sussex. :welc:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hello :hi:. Our son went to uni in Bristol & we really enjoyed visiting while he was there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back