A STRANGE REQUEST (1 Viewer)

Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
Hi all,
I am a very enthusiastic bowler, short mat, grass, and carpet indoor and outside, I am hoping that this summer I can spend a few days trying the art of Crown Green and would welcome any suggestions or advice to achieve this aim. I drive a Devon Tempest and for this trip will travel alone (wife's not a bowler).
Many thanks for your replies.

David

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Crown green is more of a norvvern thing so you will have to come oop norf a bit.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Don't know exactly what you need for help but if you going to a town then maybe contact their bowling centres and ask if you can be included or introduced to members ...? For example, if you going near St Helens Merseyside you could contact The Nalgo, Bishop Road, St Helens who have a bowling green, or Ruskin Drive Bowling team, Ruskin Drive, St Helens... I am sure they would welcome you to be included in a friendly match.

I would think most sports clubs have a bowling green team? This may be a way forward for you. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Trekker

Free Member
Nov 14, 2014
south lake district
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2004
The Waterloo pub in Blackpool is possibly the most famous green, but most towns and villages in the north west will have a green and the chances are they will all be crown green, so just ask around and I'm sure you'll be made welcome

OP
OP
Live Life Now
Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
Many thanks all, Just need to find a site close to or on a pub car park which has a Crown Green

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Both those clubs in St Helens have large car parks and are very approachable... if you explain you are visitng and interested in their club as a visitor I am sure you may be allowed to stay overnight .. both are close to pubs and have a club themselves with a bar and other facilities ... and are close to town. Both are within two minute drive to the main road into Liverpool should you wish to visit there. Both are within ten minute drive of the M6.

OP
OP
Live Life Now
Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
Both those clubs in St Helens have large car parks and are very approachable... if you explain you are visitng and interested in their club as a visitor I am sure you may be allowed to stay overnight .. both are close to pubs and have a club themselves with a bar and other facilities ... and are close to town. Both are within two minute drive to the main road into Liverpool should you wish to visit there. Both are within ten minute drive of the M6.
Many thanks Movan, You're a star, I have noted both venues and will follow them up:h:

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
We stayed at a site called Brickhouse in Chipping Lancashire, it had an outside bowling green on site.

OP
OP
Live Life Now
Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
We stayed at a site called Brickhouse in Chipping Lancashire, it had an outside bowling green on site.

Many thanks, Looks good but I would have to make this a longer stay as 560 miles round trip from where I live in Dorset, long way to go for a game of bowls as much as I think that all bowling is worth while. Not of the table yet, wife, a non bowler, might fancy Lancashire, fingers crossed;);)

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Read it wrong and wondered what Lancashire fingers were, thought it was some area delicacy.:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back