Cheap campsites or aires around Alicante and up the coast back to France ? (1 Viewer)

Pete&Sara

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2012
Can anyone recommend cheap campsites or aires that are nice around Alicante and then along the coast back up to France please ? We are staying with friends in spain in May and then will move north as the weather gets too hot

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Maybe Buy the ACSI book then you will have the discount card and a list of sites at set prices.

Yes that is true . I have the book but a personal recommendation is a great help when choosing . Perhaps that is what the poster is asking for ?

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well not sure of what route you plan on - do you mean the south coast of France and Spain - whereabouts are you intending to hang a left for the north coast of France, to cross the Channel? And is it Calais or what? And how long do you want it to take?

I mean what we do is arm ourselves with the Aires books, we also have a recent ACSI book, we also have a Naturist book so that gives us more campsite opportunities, we set off towards wherever-ish - and take it from there - nowt planned at all really. Hopefully we want to go to the Twin Lakes meet for part of the dates but it all depends (as it usually does with us!) on medical issues, hospital appointments etc - so how you actually plan is a bit of a mystery really! I mean - we went on a C&CC rally in Portugal last Winter. We arrived on 20th Dec and Pete's feet were itching by Xmas Day - mine weren't, but by the middle of Jan they were, whereas we were booked and paid till the end of Feb. We both thought it would make a nice change, which it was and did - but there again we're in no rush to repeat it. Might be OK to do something like that for a fortnight like we used to have to plan on shorter holidays when at work - but not now.

Just have a look at a general route and say roughly what it is - then you might get some suggestions for 'stopping off' places - but half of Spain and three parts of France is far too big to get sensible ideas really.

petrol tin glyn

Free Member
Jun 29, 2012
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
autotrail cheiftain
Exp
since 2006
:sick: theres a new campsite / aire in grand alicant just go through grand alicant about a mile drop the hill, site for about 15 vans on your right its new so not in any books yet hope this helps i hope to try in march might see you there, lovely beach but very spanish beautiful:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Pete&Sara

Pete&Sara

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2012
Well not sure of what route you plan on - do you mean the south coast of France and Spain - whereabouts are you intending to hang a left for the north coast of France, to cross the Channel? And is it Calais or what? And how long do you want it to take?

I mean what we do is arm ourselves with the Aires books, we also have a recent ACSI book, we also have a Naturist book so that gives us more campsite opportunities, we set off towards wherever-ish - and take it from there - nowt planned at all really. Hopefully we want to go to the Twin Lakes meet for part of the dates but it all depends (as it usually does with us!) on medical issues, hospital appointments etc - so how you actually plan is a bit of a mystery really! I mean - we went on a C&CC rally in Portugal last Winter. We arrived on 20th Dec and Pete's feet were itching by Xmas Day - mine weren't, but by the middle of Jan they were, whereas we were booked and paid till the end of Feb. We both thought it would make a nice change, which it was and did - but there again we're in no rush to repeat it. Might be OK to do something like that for a fortnight like we used to have to plan on shorter holidays when at work - but not now.

Just have a look at a general route and say roughly what it is - then you might get some suggestions for 'stopping off' places - but half of Spain and three parts of France is far too big to get sensible ideas really.
We plan to drive up the coast from Alicante to the French boarder, once in France we will use the aires as on other trips but this is our first time in spain so just wondered if anyone had any known stops along that coast

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
we have heard the acsi card is not much good after april so weren't going to bother is that true ?

False...you can use it on many sites in Spain up to the first week in July. In France many sites take them to the third week in July and start accepting them again third week in Aug...Get the book and try it. Excellent sites. Camping cheques also excellent. BUSBY:D:D:D

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
As Busby says...
Easter, July and August are prime time and they wont offer discount then but rest of year is good.
Ref your first comment of " cheap campsites" non will be cheap at those times and you really hear some horror stories of what some of these sites charge...
www.vayacamping.net is a good website for Spain.
and here for Spanish aires... Broken Link Removed

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Quote"
Camping cheques also excellent. BUSBY:D:D:D"

If you intend to buy some Camping Cheques can I commend that you telephone France and buy them in Euros.
They cost €16 apiece and, as you know, the € is lower than a midgets armpit right now. (With all due respect to vertically challenged persons)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back