Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
Shire Conversion
Exp
hi all,

I am thinking of fitting a whale water pump inlet to my 2007 Autoquest 130 and then having the pump sat in the water but all the time to up fill the on board water tank,

Question is these come in either micro switch or pressurised ?

Which was is required ?

Anyone else done similar ?

Cheers

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I have but the socket is permanently powered so that once the container is empty I simply unplug the pump. A mod for the future (that I've done before) is to use the drop in pump supply current once there's nothing to pump to switch it off. That way I can press a button indoors to turn it on then forget about it.

OP
OP
Murphy

Murphy

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
Shire Conversion
Exp
Thanks Tony,

Did you utilise the micros witch model ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
if your just filling from a container its the microswitch type only runs while its poweredyou would never get pressure build up to work the pressure switch type as you will have an open end into the tank

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry just re-read the OP.. I just followed Tonyidle and rather than unplugging, I just switch it off when container I am de-canting from is empty..:oops:

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
if your just filling from a container its the microswitch type only runs while its poweredyou would never get pressure build up to work the pressure switch type as you will have an open end into the tank

My old caravan had a pressure switch. Turn the tap on and water starts to dribble, enough to trigger the switch and the pump comes on. It was the only pump it had common with many caravans. My camper has an in board with a submersible and a microswitch. the only thing with the pressure switch is it doesn't stop when the water runs out.. but then nor would a microswitch. I think if you are using it to pump water out of a container to fill an in board your best bet is to switch it on and off by hand.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back