Spring! Sprrrrrrrriiiiiinggggggg! (1 Viewer)

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
First year under our belt!
It's a-coming, I tell thee! Ok, there's been a bit of snow, although right down here on the almost-in-the-sea part of the south-east of the country it's often still very sunny and warm if you find the right kind of shelter, spring is definitely on the way.
Just four more weeks and it'll be March! I know March can be deceiving, as can April, but I'm really looking forward to an early spring, with lovely warm sunniness, and a trip to the New Forest toward the end of March. Can't wait! As I type the ol' bus is snuggled up in its cover, but soon the blanky will be taken off and we'll be orf! Woohoo!!
I know there are some who bimble about all through the year, and when the Lovely Lady Lotto smiles upon us so shall we in our Niesmann & Bischoff supercamper, but until then we wait for the sunshine, and for the thermomomomomomometer to tell us it's bimbling weather. Oh, I can't wait!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
& it is 20Âşc here at the moment with warm wind (gale) blowing from the west. That's at 9,30 at night !

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
-6 here and feels much colder. Supposed to be going down to check on parents this weekend so will have to see if the forecast snow makes an appearance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
It's a-coming, I tell thee! Ok, there's been a bit of snow, although right down here on the almost-in-the-sea part of the south-east of the country it's often still very sunny and warm if you find the right kind of shelter, spring is definitely on the way.
Just four more weeks and it'll be March! I know March can be deceiving, as can April, but I'm really looking forward to an early spring, with lovely warm sunniness, and a trip to the New Forest toward the end of March. Can't wait! As I type the ol' bus is snuggled up in its cover, but soon the blanky will be taken off and we'll be orf! Woohoo!!
I know there are some who bimble about all through the year, and when the Lovely Lady Lotto smiles upon us so shall we in our Niesmann & Bischoff supercamper, but until then we wait for the sunshine, and for the thermomomomomomometer to tell us it's bimbling weather. Oh, I can't wait!
Yes, we've still got snow although there was a bit of a thaw earlier.....

Simon, tell me, did you ever actually get a conclusive answer to the vegetable question??? ;)

T

Tackle man

Deleted User

I'm a Bimbler! ... it's great fun. :hi: :nerd: :nerd: :hi:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We were out last weekend with the East Kent CC Centre on a rally with hard-standing in Hoo. Snug as a bug in the MH, breakfast at a cafe in the village & American supper and race night Sat night. (y)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We have booked into Crystal Palace C&CC site for 5 days in a couple of weeks time.
Will catch the No3 bus outside the site and see some of London.
We have tickets to see War Horse at the theatre. (y)
Just spent last weekend there.

Went to the France Show at Olympia on Saturday, and to see "The Jersey Boys" on Sunday. Used the No:-3 bus into London. Weather was kind to us.

Enjoy your break.:)

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
10929556_849545961769802_7515556863222212422_n.jpg

Oct 1, 2014
Kent
Funster No
MH
Autocruise
Exp
2 weeks! def Newbie......
We were in Bekesbourne last weekend, nice n cosy, took a bimble down into Fordwich for a nice couple of pints and a spot of lunch, then had a lovely walk back in the Winter sunshine, followed by a nice glass of red snug in the Van, very relaxing weekend..:)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
-6 here and feels much colder. Supposed to be going down to check on parents this weekend so will have to see if the forecast snow makes an appearance.
We got back to Middlesbrough yesterday afternoon to find a few remnants of frozen snow on pavements. It got a bit cold yesterday evening but we've had rain in the early hours rather than snow and what was left of the snow seems to have gone.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Bl***y cold here, but not a lot of snow, very jealous of you gus-lopez. I think the "Cornish mafia" may have to give you "a visit"..

OP
OP
Simon

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
Yes, we've still got snow although there was a bit of a thaw earlier.....

Simon, tell me, did you ever actually get a conclusive answer to the vegetable question??? ;)

D'you know, I don't think I really did, although there were several marvellous suggestions and recommendations so I've amassed a load of props ready to try. There's a couple of old bike lights, a laser spirit level, some drainpipe, two funnels, a shoehorn, half a dozen bungee cords, a rod rest, rubber diving suit and a welder's helmet. That should sort things out one way or another.

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
Oh the heart warming talk of spring and hitting the road and p...... lots of people off as I doodle along in my 1992 beloved 'slug' singing along with my tapes and wearing a big grin on my face for the sheer pleasure of not being in a hurry to get where I'm going!

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Where are you staying in the new forest? That is very close to where our motorhome lives.

OP
OP
Simon

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
Where are you staying in the new forest? That is very close to where our motorhome lives.

We had a few days at Holmsley last year, and a couple more at Longmeadow, both nice but we're going to try Setthorns this time as it looks more 'foresty'.

OP
OP
Simon

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
Oh the heart warming talk of spring and hitting the road and p...... lots of people off as I doodle along in my 1992 beloved 'slug' singing along with my tapes and wearing a big grin on my face for the sheer pleasure of not being in a hurry to get where I'm going!

It was lovely and spring-y in Thanet today. Out of the wind in our back garden, facing south, it was actually very warm. Coincidentally, while we were walking the dogs, I remembered that I'd taken some photos of Ramsgate's west cliff a while back because it was such a sunny day then. When we got home I checked the date and they were taken four years ago today!

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
We had a few days at Holmsley last year, and a couple more at Longmeadow, both nice but we're going to try Setthorns this time as it looks more 'foresty'.
Don't know setthorns, well apart from where it is :-
You'll have t shout out on here when you are there, we might be able to say hello if we are out and about.

OP
OP
Simon

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
Hard Frost in Ludlow this morning;)

We've had two morning frosts this year. TWO! Didn't get any at all last year. I tell you, it's like a new ice age here in this arctic wilderness :)

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
8 Degs here today and beautiful. 8 mile walk with dog in full sunshine with clear blue sky. Roll on spring, roll on MH delivery date. (y)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Do you take 'France' magazine ? We've had it since it's started and love it.Often wondered if other Funsters read it.
Used to take it on subscription but now we spend 6 months of the year over there we pick it up at newsagents when in UK.

It has given us many ideas of places to visit. Being based in France for so long enables us to travel around more than before. It was our favourite magazine for France.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back