Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
8 years
Well thought i would use my last weeks holiday this year so off to Ypres on Monday then move onto Brugge Thursday for 2 days. That's if i can get on the Euro tunnel, hope all sorted by then.:)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Ypres is a v nice town, lots of character , bike rides etc and Camping Jubstadion is only a few minutes from the Menin gate.

Spanishsteve

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
I've in the last few days started following Eurotunnel on Twitter and they appear to be quite good on service updates etc, if you don't already follow it might be worth considering. Re Ypres make sure you don't miss the evening memorial service.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wizza

wizza

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
8 years
We are booked in at Camping Jubstadion think i have to use the booking machine that will be a laugh.

ebo

Nov 9, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class Carado i449
Exp
Since 2009
The automated booking machine is quite straightforward you won't have a problem, you will have to park in the road outside the barrier until you've booked in, as already mentioned don't miss the 8pm service at the Menin gate, it's very moving, any it's worth going every night you're there as it's different each night. If you're going to use the aire at Brugge, I recommend the smaller one of the two, as the pitch sizesis are lot bigger (there's one either side of the road) look on google earth. Both Ypres and Brugge are great places to visit, have a great time.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
I'd advise getting to the Menin Gate an hour before the Last Post ceremony, as it gets very busy.

Auto check in at Camping Jubstadion is straight forward. Just follow the onscreen instructions

Spanishsteve

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
I visited a German war cemetery a few years ago and the contrast with the British cemeteries was quite striking, very dark and sombre in comparison.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
free camping at side of canal five min walk in to town very essay to find just head towards manine gat from the menine road side just befor you cross bridge turn left on to leopold strad I think it called follow all the way and you will come to a free airs lovely spot
and free

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The automated booking machine is quite straightforward you won't have a problem, you will have to park in the road outside the barrier until you've booked in, as already mentioned don't miss the 8pm service at the Menin gate, it's very moving, any it's worth going every night you're there as it's different each night. If you're going to use the aire at Brugge, I recommend the smaller one of the two, as the pitch sizesis are lot bigger (there's one either side of the road) look on google earth. Both Ypres and Brugge are great places to visit, have a great time.

We stayed in the smaller aire at Brugges, worth mentioning that when you want to leave you have to take your ticket over the road to the larger aire/bus station and pay there, no good putting your credit card in the slot at the exit barrier it does'nt work, we know.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Veurne a nice stop over in Belgium. free aire at Port, easy walk to centre which is like a mini Brugge. good restaurants and bars. We use it as an overnight when using tunnel now (45 mins)

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014

We are thinking of booking in for this site. Does anyone know the difference between the camping car putch and the other putches? Is it just size? Can you still use the toilets etc

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Spidey if were talking about the Ypre Aire it depends on the time of year, off season only the hardstanding motorhome pitches are available as are the toilets but not the showers. In the regular season they open up grass sites additionally.

Brugge Aire you cannot book in advance.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
The automated booking-in system at Camping Jeugstadion is OK when the office is shut if you have your booking reference number with you, and the same card you paid with. It's best to book MH pitches in advance because it's a popular site with Brits visiting the battlefield sites.

We are thinking of booking in for this site. Does anyone know the difference between the camping car putch and the other putches? Is it just size? Can you still use the toilets etc

I seem to recall the MH pitches were car park style hard standing, whereas the caravan and tent pitches were a bit bigger and were on grass with that gridded plastic matting underneath to stop things sinking into it. The toilet and shower facilities are shared with the next door stadium and were accessible to all when we visited in autumn.

The Tyne Cot cemetery near Passchendaele is the largest commonwealth war graves site in the world, and is worth visiting. There's also the Passchendaele Battle centre nearby at Zonnebeke. The Cloth Hall in Ypres is not to be missed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back