Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
For those of you thinking of coming to Benidorm, Raco has closed the doors, and I understand that both Villasol and Toretta are close to full.

goldenline

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
Port Grimaud France
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
For those of you thinking of coming to Benidorm, Raco has closed the doors, and I understand that both Villasol and Toretta are close to full.
Hi both
We were looking to leave this weekend to come to benidorm but i fell ill last week and need an op on feb 9th
So we will start out near end of feb all being well. Could you keep us updated as to availability. Hope you are both well and enjoying it
Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
Hi, we're heading to Spain in mid February and I am becoming a bit alarmed about reports posted on here of full camp sites. Apart from Benidorm what other areas become busy in the low season? I had imagined that we'd come across a similar situation to the South of France but it seems I could be wrong.
Do we need to book in advance and if so where would you recommend doing this?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
med spain sites popular in winter...But there is surely movement most days with people coming and going, also you would be unlucky to get on somewhere as a fair few sites around.....

if you have a particular site in mind and definitive dates why not book. I may book once I know for def when going, we head down around Easter time which is April this year

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Benidorm campsites have been full in winter for years, more so since the Scandinavians found out how cheap it was. There are of course comings and goings all the time. Unfortunately the best sunny pitches are taken early in the autumn. A few of the best pitches are booked and paid for years in advance. My pitch was booked last Easter for this winter, and already booked for next winter with deposit paid. Some long term snowbirds even pay for the whole year on there pitch, just to secure a good one.

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
Gosh! Looks like we're going to have to plan this trip with a lot more rigour than I'm used to. Haven't come across planning like this since trying to book Caravan Club sites!,
Please can anyone tell me where to find quiet sites with spaces?
Jen

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Gosh! Looks like we're going to have to plan this trip with a lot more rigour than I'm used to. Haven't come across planning like this since trying to book Caravan Club sites!,
Please can anyone tell me where to find quiet sites with spaces?
Jen

None in Benidorm until May at least. Then the Spanish take over.

Deleted User
I wouldn't have thought Benidorm was the place to be at any time if you want quiet:)
Usually spaces at most sites we have been to, may not always be the choicest pitches but unusual if there are none. We have been to Alcossebre, both Tropicana and if you want really quiet and out of the way Ribamar. Los Escullos in the Cabo de Gata Parque Natural in Almeria or La Caleta at Las Negras nearby both a bit out of the way but magnificent locations.

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
Thanks for the tips. To be fair, we're not thinking of going to Benidorm but I was concerned that other places in Spain were going to be similarly booked solid. Hopefully sites away from the coast will have places.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Appears to be a lot less French here in Morocco. We've heard that the Algarve is busier than usual so perhaps that's why Spain is full up too i.e. it's the French.

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
In 4 winters taking in Spain, Portugal and Morocco, and
apart from the MHF rallies we never book anywhere.
If in the unlikely event that the site you first decide on is booked there's usually something else close by where you can stop
Just go and enjoy.
We probably won't be far behind you

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
No need for all the panic :rolleyes: it's just the larger popular sites and those catering for the long stay that get really busy. If you don't want all the trappings of heated pools, entertainment etc then there are plenty of great smaller sites all along the coast and even more if you head a little inland.

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
Thank you everyone. Much happier now. :) Can't wait to set off.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Never booked a site in 8 years and never failed to find a place to stay, mind you we tend to avoid big commercial sites. Having said that have stayed at Camping Last Manga a couple of times.:eek:
Don't panic there's always a space somewhere.

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
We are currently on a site called El Berro 20km from Alhama de Mercia acsi 2643 who have spaces but you are up a mountain.

All campsites on the coast at Cartagena are full with motorhomes blocking their outside carparks, some of them have been there a week and waiting for a spot.

We are heading back to the coast today and see how the land lies.

Lots of wild camping

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
All campsites on the coast at Cartagena are full with motorhomes blocking their outside carparks

Am I wrong but is that not just about the most popular area in Spain reputed to get the best winter weather?

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
We would be interested to know if anyone has been to or is near Javea and how busy it is?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We would be interested to know if anyone has been to or is near Javea and how busy it is?

Camping Javea is full, and if anything like last year will be until the end of march then the spanish come at easter. :eek::LOL:
We went to visit our german friends yesterday at Cap Blanch Albia and they had a couple of pitches empty but no longer except acsi January and February they only want long term. :) Bob.

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Camping Javea is full, and if anything like last year will be until the end of march then the spanish come at easter. :eek::LOL:

Staggering, we had two weeks at Camping Javea at end March into April 2013 and it was only 1/4 full. How things can change! :cry:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
You may be lucky depending on the weather in Germany some may start going on the third week of March, this year the weather was good and the swimming pool was still open in November so the people that normally go stayed longer and the long stay people had crap pitches until we could move, and a few regulars have turned up as usual to be told they could only stop 1 week because all the pitches are reserved. :eek:
If any pitches come available they will be the small ones on the left under the trees. o_O
Bob.

OP
OP
Spottycatz

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Hi both
We were looking to leave this weekend to come to benidorm but i fell ill last week and need an op on feb 9th
So we will start out near end of feb all being well. Could you keep us updated as to availability. Hope you are both well and enjoying it
Alan

You should be OK toward the end of Feb Alan. We leave the middle of Feb, along with several others, so I imagine spaces will start to pop up all over. I'll let you know before we leave. :)
Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back