A Humiliating, Embarrassing And Humbling Confession from JJ... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I never ever thought this day would come but it has.

After years and years on Motorhome Fun my views on certain matters are known by a few of you.

On one particular topic I have been constant at all times.

Generators.

Today, another sun drenched one as usual here in God's own land, it was generator day.

20150127_113855.jpg

This beauty was going into the Hymer.

Sadly it was working perfectly
except for minor blips such as it wouldn't run if started on the remote button, you couldn't switch it off remotely and, slightly more incoveniently, it didn't produce anything over 120 volts (it is 220 volt model).

A couple of phone calls and an internet search revealed that there was considerable work to be done before it would cook pies.

By chance Geordie Billy knows of a man back in Blighty who has the skills and knowledge to do this work and who would turn this pile of useless metal into a valuable generator of electricity.

He wanted to take the Onan off my hands and return it to Blighty.

In exchange he offered...

A RED (RED) HONDA (HONDA) 1KW

20150127_153139.jpg

As a sweetener to help the deal go through Billy added value to his offer...

20150127_164906.jpg

The humiliation of becoming an Honda owner is slightly off set by the knowledge that it is going to be Pie Cooking Night tonight and a certain beautiful Froggy Princess will be quite pleased to have a sweet little Kipor 750 watt
to put in Max.

JJ :cool:

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
That is a terrible shame. The remote is straightforward to fix and 220V sorted via a transformer or simply moving two wires the Honda won't heat your pies, it is too small to run a microwave. I'm sure one of your people could have sorted it. After waiting so long. I'm gutted for you

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
That is a terrible shame. The remote is straightforward to fix and 220V sorted via a transformer or simply moving two wires the Honda won't heat your pies, it is too small to run a microwave. I'm sure one of your people could have sorted it. After waiting so long. I'm gutted for you

Sadly, the remote solution isn't quite as easy as you suggest although your ability to come up with answers on matters when the problems have not been explained to you is still impressive.

Needless to say the Ho*nda genny has been fully tested and let me assure all Funsters that is not "too small" to heat up my pies.

Now just have to respray the thing.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Sadly, the remote solution isn't quite as easy as you suggest although your ability to come up with answers on matters when the problems have not been explained to you is still impressive.

Needless to say the Ho*nda genny has been fully tested and let me assure all Funsters that is not "too small" to heat up my pies.

Now just have to respray the thing.

I have a spare remote for the same model, Mr JJ, complete with hour meter, and ten feet of cable. Yours for the asking, if your deal is reversed. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
the remote start can only be a relay if it starts on the button, never mind you are sorted now. Happy pie frying and remember to take it out of the tin, hee hee.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
the remote start can only be a relay if it starts on the button, never mind you are sorted now. Happy pie frying and remember to take it out of the tin, hee hee.

It is a small oven Roger , not a micro waves, so he can leave the tin no problem

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I thought JJ was going to say he had bought a Daily Fail, or even worse, a Sun!:)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
and a certain beautiful Froggy Princess will be quite pleased to have a sweet little Kipor 750 watt
to put in Max.

I would have thought the gentlemanly thing to do would be to give the beautiful red "Honda" to the beautiful YOUNG French lady...

And keep that Canary Yellow noise machine for your self... (y)

The age of chivalery seems to have left this world.. :(

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
PS................... Have you checked the bottom of those FB tins to make sure the content`s have not been removed and replaced with sand.. :giggler:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i do love the sound of a genny on a funsters meet,a nice icebreaker for people that have never met,normally starts off by one saying to the other" are you going to run that f**king noisey thing all day":rofl::rofl::boxing:
Especially that one at 70db at 10ft.

Doesnt have much going for it really......noisy (70db at 10ft half load), thirsty (1.4ltr/hr at full load), heavy (125lbs/57kg), 3000rpm constant rpm, only 10amp max output.

Much better with the Honda.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
true story.
years ago i used to mess about with generators and a guy i know used to be able to fix anything on a generator,i arranged to meet him at his mobilehome one sunday to drop off a genny that needing looking at,on arrival the fire brigade was there and he was sat outside with a burnt face and no hair,his wife had put a chicken in the oven,and turned the gas oven on, but had not lit it,after about half an hour realized what she had done,he lit a match,and BOOOM,it blew the side out the mobilehome and blew the chicken across the kitchen.:rofl::rofl:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I would have thought the gentlemanly thing to do would be to give the beautiful red "Honda" to the beautiful YOUNG French lady...

And keep that Canary Yellow noise machine for your self... (y)

The age of chivalery seems to have left this world.. :(

But the beautiful, young French lady has no need of pie ovens and so will be more than happy with a (lighter) 750 watt machine.

If in doubt ask her yourself.

petrol tin glyn

Free Member
Jun 29, 2012
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
autotrail cheiftain
Exp
since 2006