three takes O2 for £ 10.25 billion (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
as above just wondering
what will happen re
giff gaff members and tesco members

im thinking better coverage if the masts are kept
for both metworks link below hopefully

I saw this on the BBC News App and thought you should see it:

Li Ka-shing in talks to buy O2 for £10bn
_80464060_167947747.jpg
Asia's richest person Li Ka-shing confirms his company is offering to buy Britain's second-largest mobile provider O2 for up to £10.25bn ($15.4bn).
Disclaimer: The BBC is not responsible for the content of this email, and anything written in this email does not necessarily reflect the BBC's views or opinions. Please note that neither the email address nor name of the sender have been verified.

Sent from my iPhone

:wink::wink:

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hope their services are better than the BBC link......that takes you to the Abola outbreak of a couple of weeks ago and a new uk case :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
tofo
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
previous link deleted this snip inserted
to replace sorry for coqe up blame
aunty beeb
just tried the blue line link and it worked

this might work
new bbc website sucks

I saw this on the BBC News App and thought you should see it:

Li Ka-shing in talks to buy O2 for £10bn
_80464060_167947747.jpg
Asia's richest person Li Ka-shing confirms his company is offering to buy Britain's second-largest mobile provider O2 for up to £10.25bn ($15.4bn).
Disclaimer: The BBC is not responsible for the content of this email, and anything written in this email does not necessarily reflect the BBC's views or opinions. Please note that neither the email address nor name of the sender have been verified.

Sent from my iPhone

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
If it goes anything like the Tmobile orange deal it does make things better.

You effectively get access to two networks for the price of one. I seem to recall this happened very quickly with orange. I got a better signal off tmobile masts is some locations.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Your link is a different story Bill :)
Has the deal actually gone through? All I can find are links to the exclusive talks and the offer price.

Technically, it's not Three buying O2. It's Hutchinson Whampoa (who own Three) who are looking to buy O2. Back in the depths of time, Hutchinson used to own Orange before it was sold to France Telecom.
It was referred to OFCOM at the end of last year. Once they approve it, it'll have to be referred to the EU Competitions lot. Who, once enough palms have been greased, will approve it.

BT are still looking to buy EE
Vodafone are still looking to buy Liberty Global - so that they can their vile little mitts on Virgin Media. Fortunately, they are way short of the asking price - last I heard was $140bn USD

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I was listening to a telecomms 'expert' being interviewed about this a few days ago, and he reckoned that because "3" and O2 have the best rural coverage they'll probably be forced by the competitions committee to give up some of their masts. So this could end up benefiting users of other networks too.

He also didn't think anything would happen until the BT/EE deal was sorted out.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If it goes anything like the Tmobile orange deal it does make things better.

You effectively get access to two networks for the price of one. I seem to recall this happened very quickly with orange. I got a better signal off tmobile masts is some locations.
It couldn't get much worse. My first dongle was T-Mobile and I had it unlocked as soon as the contract ended so I could switch to Three. Last year I tried EE as an alternative and it was rubbish (on a good day).

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I am counting the days until my O2 contract expires and have moved to T mobile on EE with a cheap contract so that I am ready. O2 have been poor. My 3 sim bought for Europe is good but I haven't tested it in the remote areas that we go to.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I was listening to a telecomms 'expert' being interviewed about this a few days ago, and he reckoned that because "3" and O2 have the best rural coverage they'll probably be forced by the competitions committee to give up some of their masts. So this could end up benefiting users of other networks too.

He also didn't think anything would happen until the BT/EE deal was sorted out.

I wouldn't get too excited about the ex-"3" masts improving things ... they don't bl**dy work most of the time! :cautious:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back