Legs for the Cadac Safari Chef (1 Viewer)

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Because I love to cook 'alfresco' I couldn't resist buying a paella cooking set a couple of years ago in Spain. Until last year we carried it in the motorhome and used it often but it can be a bit heavy on gas, which is not so desirable when in France or Spain, so we left it at home and got ourselves a Cadac Safari Chef which is so easy to set up, use and clean, plus I can use a paella pan on it!

The one thing I didn't always like with the Cadac was that I like to stand when I'm cooking, spatula in one hand and a beer in the other! I have had it on the table, but that's not always convenient just as you need to serve up. That got me to thinking how I could raise it without getting a second table!

Then it just kinda happened :rolleyes:, no sooner had I got the paella set legs out from the garage and it just came together. So I thought I would share in case anyone had some spare legs or wanted to get some and give it a go. No it's not me selling them on ebay (n)

I should add that the the only holes I needed to drill were 3 on each of the legs to fit a bolt as a kind of locating pin. The holes are already on the Cadac legs so no messing it up required.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Square-Li...arden_Kitchen_Cookware_GL&hash=item3f051890df

Attachments

• Paella Med.jpg
    Paella Med.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 330
  • 20150125_120741.jpg
    20150125_120741.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 335
  • 20150125_120707.jpg
    20150125_120707.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Second table here. Stable and room for ingredients and most important, wine.

The wine, oh yes most important :) I don't really have room for a second table though and as I had the legs for it...:happy:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I bought the stool/ table from Go Outdoors. Ideal height to cook and doubles as a stool or table when not being used for cooking.

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
I did a similar job to this with my Beauclaire. I used an old video/camera tripod, aluminium construction. The legs were removed and a hole drilled in top of each for fixing bolt. They make a great set of cooker legs. The big advantage is that you can set them to varying heights (sitting or standing) and can be levelled on uneven ground. :)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
great idea! so if I buy the square legs in ebay add..what do I have to do next plse....

edit: OK think i've got it..just need to get bolts and drill holes in red legs...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
great idea! so if I buy the square legs in ebay add..what do I have to do next plse....

edit: OK think i've got it..just need to get bolts and drill holes in red legs...

The legs on ebay look just about the same, I already had them and when I offered them up to the Cadac that it just sort of came together! As you have worked out I think, the drilled holes with a bolt through are to stop the legs swinging away.

I'm pleased with the outcome. I won't bother with the legs when in a hurry or in an Aire for the night, but if on a campsite with all the normal outside stuff set up I think it will be useful. :)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
its a great solution to a problem we have had for years. love the grill, only carry one table so this seems ideal...legs ordered :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back