Mercedes Vario or RMB (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I really like the look of one of these, as Caroline wants to go big again, its on the merc 814D chassis.

Looks real quality, Vario this one.

Anybody on here got a Vario, I know there's a few with RMB's around,

Paul.

Attachments

• $_14(4).jpg
    $_14(4).jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 204
  • $_14(1).jpg
    $_14(1).jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 189
OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Yes I realise that now, oh well, anybody got a Vario?

Paul.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter A Forbes

Free Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rushden, Northants, UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 614D
Exp
10+
We have a 614D, same engine and chassis as the 814D assuming 1998 onwards.

814D is a 7.5 tonne chassis, 614D is 6 tonnes.

Built like the proverbial outhouse, need a late one to get more than the basic 136bhp engine.

Last models were up to 177bhp with Bluetec.

Peter

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Paul

I am sure that they will be quality vans they new ones are mega money and fantastic build but at around £300k, it will come down to do you like it and does the layout suite.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Just sold a RMB on the Vario chassis. 177 BHP and would pull a house down on tick over. If you have an option on it, buy it.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
There's been a 7.5t one for sale in Gloucestershire for a while now on mobile.de

Looks really good

I agree it is a lot of money-----but it is supposed to be one of the top end motorhomes, and I wonder if it is on a MAN chassis ???--these usually fetch top money.-------It is not for us---we have N+B Flair------but IMHO it is virtually the perfect van---combine the best points of that with ours and I think you have the perfect van:)(y)(y):D:D--------there will be someone prepared to pay a lot of money for it:)-----may take a little time to find them
Nigel

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I agree it is a lot of money-----but it is supposed to be one of the top end motorhomes, and I wonder if it is on a MAN chassis ???--these usually fetch top money.-------It is not for us---we have N+B Flair------but IMHO it is virtually the perfect van---combine the best points of that with ours and I think you have the perfect van:)(y)(y):D:D--------there will be someone prepared to pay a lot of money for it:)-----may take a little time to find them
Nigel
Pretty sure it is on the MAN I know the guy who owns it he used to be a dealer, its been for sale a long time over priced I think even for that vehicle.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Very few RNBs were built compared with other makes. Even less on the 7.5 ton chassis. All RMBs were custom built to order, and cost more than a detached house when new. Once the original purchaser of a new RMB has taken delivery of something that he believes is the perfect motorhome for him he does not sell it for a newer model after it becomes a certain age, he keeps it until he dies or stops motorhoming. Most RMBs that do come onto the second hand market have very few owners, even when 20 years old and it is only in recent years since the German LEZ system has come into being that they have become available. The only way the build quality can be appreciated is by going inside one, as most of the value is not what you can see, but what you cannot. The RMB is the true Rolls Royce of motorhomes and nothing can compare with the build quality, not even Carthargo or Concorde. A very good friend who is the Dutch dealer for Concorde and has a new one every year admitted the RMB cannot be bettered at any price.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Yes I agree overpriced although its no longer on mobile.de and I can't see an advert for it over here?

Paul.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Snowbird, have you any knowledge of the Variomobil and how it compares to the RMB?

Paul.

Not much only that there is not much change out of a million Euros for a new one. I cant make my mind up about this Lecor though.
Broken Link Removed

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Not much only that there is not much change out of a million Euros for a new one. I cant make my mind up about this Lecor though.
Broken Link Removed
what is it that cause good taste to go out the window as vans get bigger im yet to see an rv with nice interior and that mann looks like it was designed by a traveler who had scooped the lottery

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
What sort of size is the MH of the op as this type of MH may be another option for me in the future

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
There are a few Varios and RMB's here on Taghazout Beach. Quality vehicles in all respects. Discovered yesterday that LeVoyager have taken over the the RMB name and its now part of the Pilote Group.

http://www.levoyageur-rmb.com

We looked at the new Le Voyageur/RMB at Dusseldorf, Vario looked good and start at over 200k euro for a STAR on 5t sprinter chassis or 300k euro on the MAN or Merc Atego.

Broken Link Removed

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Broken Link Removed
Nor can I Dave. It looks too much like an RV for my liking. :(

I've always liked the German Liner type MHs, but that one is a bit too poncy for me. lol

Good luck with the search Paul. (y)

Cheers,

Jock.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Yes I saw that, he wants really top money for it though, can't see him getting no where near that.

Paul.

Its not over priced when you consider the exchange rate at the minute. If the exchange rate goes near 1.5, I would be tempted myself. Anything below £50K and its the right money. To replace that van today with extras would cost in the region of 350000 Euros plus.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Widen the gate Jock, go on , you know you want to.
You are right Martin, I do want to widen the gateway, even though the new posts have only been in less than a year, however, the contents of one's bank account determines that the width of the gateway will suffice for now. ;)

Cheers,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back