looking for overnight stop in June in Oxford . (1 Viewer)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Hi,I am looking for a Saturday night stopover at oxford.the cc@c site won't guarrantee me a spot. The Redbridge park and ride would have been ideal but don't allow overnight sleeping,any suggestions for anywhere else but I do need to catch bus into city..

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Why won't the C&CC site guarantee you a spot - surely if you book it and pay in advance? Are you a member??

Otherwise I guess Yorick's suggestion is the best, can't find anything nearer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Hi thanks Yorick will contact them,very grateful member of both clubs but I missed that cl.

Viennese, I am a member of cc& but they won't accept a one day stopover on a Saturday this early .might be a space nearer June, but I will take up Yorick's suggestion thanks to all.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zV-KbALFzBDE.ksFuH_Bv_vUY

The Highwayman A4260
description
249 Banbury Rd KIDLINGTON, Oxfordshire OX5 1BF 01865 372 281 £10 pn CC CL but seems happy to accept non membrs
Sat Nav
51.8317300,-1.3011600
CDP/Elsan pt.
CDP

Why won't the C&CC site guarantee you a spot - surely if you book it and pay in advance? Are you a member??

Otherwise I guess Yorick's suggestion is the best, can't find anything nearer

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
You can overnight in the lorry park by the river at Abingdon, cost dependant on how long you stop. but very handy for pubs and restaurants in the town and not far to Oxford. Incidentally you can also park in the park and ride right next to the C&cc site.

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
You can overnight in the lorry park by the river at Abingdon, cost dependant on how long you stop. but very handy for pubs and restaurants in the town and not far to Oxford. Incidentally you can also park in the park and ride right next to the C&cc site.

Saw that about park and ride at Redbridge, it not allowed to sleep or eat,can only park....thanks anyway for the info and also for that at Abingdon.

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zV-KbALFzBDE.ksFuH_Bv_vUY

The Highwayman A4260
description
249 Banbury Rd KIDLINGTON, Oxfordshire OX5 1BF 01865 372 281 £10 pn CC CL but seems happy to accept non membrs
Sat Nav
51.8317300,-1.3011600
CDP/Elsan pt.
CDP
Stayed here a couple of times. Pub is great, food very reasonable. Bus into Oxford 2 minutes walk from pub entrance.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Have Eaten There (The Highwayman) in the past, but not stayed. it looks OK though?

We need a site near to Middleton Stoney in June to attend my First Great Grand-Childs Christening, and this may well do.

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Have Eaten There (The Highwayman) in the past, but not stayed. it looks OK though?

We need a site near to Middleton Stoney in June to attend my First Great Grand-Childs Christening, and this may well do.

Literally a stoney throw away!! Haha
:groan:
Yes literally a stoney throw away.:groan:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
The Father of the new baby (due March). Used to make jokes like that, his excuse was he was only 6 years old at the time!!!!!?

Growing Old is mandatory. Growing up is optional!! (according to my Family)

Cheers Pete

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
The Father of the new baby (due March). Used to make jokes like that, his excuse was he was only 6 years old at the time!!!!!?

Growing Old is mandatory. Growing up is optional!! (according to my Family)

Cheers Pete

Haha you're right I am a sad old bugger no excuse of youth for me.

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.

Hi peteH, if going in large vehicle as appears in your avatar, i should be a little wary of the tightness of the carpark on the approach to the camping area, which is accessed at the far end of the pubs carpark which is relatively narrow but passable. Some of the patrons dont care too much if they restrict the entrance itself, in fact it would be fair to say, some don't appear to possess any spacial awareness. This however is easily solved as the offending driver is most certainly sat in the pub. The landlord also doesnt mind if you pitch up in the carpark, space permitting but this may be worth a check. May be worth a look on MSN maps where you can often get Bird Eye View 360 deg around your proposed destination. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back