wellington boot / walking boot tent / outside storage (1 Viewer)

Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
I did see a few of the above at the Lincoln show, just large enough to keep a few pairs of boots and wellies in, it may have been pop up type not sire , but cannot find them on the net, can anyone help were to look

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I carry a utility tent for when I am on site for a few days. Mine is just 2 fibreglass poles but I am aware yo u can get a pop up version. However having once tried a pop up festival tent I wouldn't consider this option; great to pop up but a nightmare to take down. Just google utility tent and yo u should find loads if options.

Shuismo

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
se london
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 47
Exp
xmas 12
Hi
We bought a High Peak Veneto WS =3000mm from Carsten Spreen. It is a very sturdy tent whic is quick and easy to erect. It proved it's self as when camping near to Biaritz we had a huge storm with strong wind and hail stones the size of tennis balls. The tent stood there and took it all as we watched from the van. We find it useful as a kitchen tent and it fits nicely at the rear of the van, hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I just use one of those large flat plastic storage boxes with a lid. I pop it under the van near the step to keep rain off it. Slide it out, put muddy boots in it, then hop up into the van and don clean shoes.

Have used a small pop-up tent, but it blows away if not pegged. Then, there's all the hassle involved in pegging it down.

Box works for me.

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
I bought one of these last year on ebay, managed a real bargain at £17 and £5 delivery. Works a treat and ideal to cook in if a bit breezy, just put up a cheap windbreak inside to protect fabric from splashes etc.
Outdoor Revolution Double Outhouse. :)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
This must be the latest 'must have' is it?

We use the rather large space under the van to store outdoor stuff.

Seems like to work well and we always have it with us.

Why do you need a nylon garden shed?

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
bought one of the pop up tents cheap a few years ago as a 'garage' for my mobility scooter overnight, rather than keep stripping down and putting in the van every day, and for anything wet or muddy..

they are a pain in the backside to fit back in the small circular storage bag though, unless you've learnt the knack..;)

edit..was great fun, hilarious actually, at the dorset meet last year watching everyone try..

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
One or two of these..... (y)

Then leave all your shoes/boot`s/wellies in them even when travelling..

Broken Link Removed

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
£10 millets easy to put up compact when travelling can tuck in close to van or even in awning they called it a pup tent.

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
I just use one of those large flat plastic storage boxes with a lid. I pop it under the van near the step to keep rain off it. Slide it out, put muddy boots in it, then hop up into the van and don clean shoes.

Good Idea, thanks.

Keith Hart

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back