12v Sky Pace Minibox help needed (1 Viewer)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Managed to pick up a 12v pace skybox
Fitted it in van eventually got it working. Using the card from spare room at home in the box.
My question:
What channels should I expect to be able to pick up and what satellite should I tune it too?
Thanks

ps Rang Sky they said shouldn't be using it and cant have another card as its got to be registered to a fixed address.

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Managed to pick up a 12v pace skybox
Fitted it in van eventually got it working. Using the card from spare room at home in the box.
My question:
What channels should I expect to be able to pick up and what satellite should I tune it too?
Thanks

ps Rang Sky they said shouldn't be using it and cant have another card as its got to be registered to a fixed address.
Sky will say that, but if you have sky multiroom you should be able to get all the channels subscribed to in your package. So long as you do not connect the sky box to a telephone line they cannot know where you are picking the signal up from so therefore should be able to use it in your motorhome. If you do not have multiroom, just use your normal skycard when away on your travels, just dont connect it to a landline telephone which at the end of the day is not going to happen in a MH. :)

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Got the multiroom card in but only getting freeview channels
Home for lunch now go back in hour have another go

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Friend of mine uses his this way. I'm expecting to see him later I'll ask if there is any 'tweeking' to be done and update you tomorrow. Someone else may have given you information by then but I will check. It may be down to the actual unit age/ configuration but I'll enquire on that. :)

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Perhaps you need to set it up in your house first in place of a second box?
Techno100 may well be right, you may need to connect box at home with card to update unit by connecting phone line in first instance.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........

The reason you have only a few "freeview" channels is that your card is paired to the box it came from and will not work in the 12volt pace box to clear channels that you pay for. This is sky's way of stopping "card sharing". Put it back in the box it came from and when card see's box and sky see they are paired channels will clear again.
The box you bought is ONLY for 28E ie: sky UK channels.

zebath

Free Member
Mar 4, 2014
Hurstpierpoint
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
im a newbie
Hi my first contribution! hope it makes sense and helps.(also gives me a chance to slag off cello TV)
We had a 12v sky box with a sat dish on the roof. It had a sky card in it, and the opportunity to add a further sky card, to add additional sky channels ( at a cost!)
With the one card (free to air) it would pick up most or all freesat channels when sat dish directed to ASTRA which I believe is the standard sat channel for uk connection! I think that if you wish to add additional channels i.e. sky sports or films etc you will need to buy a sky card at the extra cost.

We changed to a 12v tv with freeview internal we now get about 1 million channels world wide with about 10 worth watching !!! should have stuck with the 12v sky box the cello tv is poor quality with bad picture and c**p sound only acceptable by adding a sound bar/box.
Hope I've hit the right note and this is of some help.(y)

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
you can put your sky card in any box you like and get all your subscription channels except the premium ones which are sky sports and sky movies.

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
DO NOT CONNECT phone line to box as then you are really buggered.
Sorry I may not have explained what I meant adequately, i meant at home, in order for the sky box to be updated with any new software to enable card to work. I agree, once using in motorhome never connect phone line as I commented earlier. If this is a definate no no, then please disregard the suggestion. Hopefully someone with the right information can add to the post.:)

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Sorry Don Quixote, I missed your first comment, that makes sense. That friend of mine may well have used the multiroom box and the card in that case.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Sorry Don Quixote, I missed your first comment, that makes sense. That friend of mine may well have used the multiroom box and the card in that case.
Be interested to hear how your friend set it up if you can find out please.
Wont connect phone line.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
you can put your sky card in any box you like and get all your subscription channels except the premium ones which are sky sports and sky movies.

Sorry to correct you, but you cannot use your sky card in any box. They are pairing boxes to cards and they will not clear ANY channels that are HD unless they are in the box they are paired too. By the end of this year they hope to stop any older boxes that are still out there and only have the "up to date" boxes that pair to card. As I have been in the "card sharing world" for many years I know this to be correct. If you doubt me google the subject about card pairing and card sharing.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Sorry to correct you, but you cannot use your sky card in any box. They are pairing boxes to cards and they will not clear ANY channels that are HD unless they are in the box they are paired too. By the end of this year they hope to stop any older boxes that are still out there and only have the "up to date" boxes that pair to card. As I have been in the "card sharing world" for many years I know this to be correct. If you doubt me google the subject about card pairing and card sharing.

Well I think you're right because that's exactly what the guy from Sky said. When I asked if I could buy another card for the van No Way and he said I will only get freeview channels through this card which is exactly what's happening.
Just wondered if anyone knew a way around it because the box is pretty limited like this.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
I have a sky subscription and sky paired the Multiroom card to my old pace 12v box when connected in the house I then used it in the Motorhome no problem . When I changed the motorhome my new van had a pace box already in so I tried the card in it and it worked and is still working with the card 14 months later getting all the channels I get in the house.

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Can I ask how much you paid for your 12v pace box. sold mine years ago and now looking for another one

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I have a sky subscription and sky paired the Multiroom card to my old pace 12v box when connected in the house I then used it in the Motorhome no problem . When I changed the motorhome my new van had a pace box already in so I tried the card in it and it worked and is still working with the card 14 months later getting all the channels I get in the house.

Thats the set up I have at home.
When you paired in the house did you connect the tel line?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I imagine the card can only work on ONE box but any box that you register it to. Therefore if you register the card to the pace Javelin you will no longer be able to use the card in the original box. Hence advice against connecting the phone line. However I think it is the only way.

Lynn ( Mrs Ash )

Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
(The Midlands) Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
A-Class Frankia 640 Exclu
Exp
9 yrs
You don't need a sky card in it for only freeview channels ' the card won't wirk unless it is paired to the box ' you don't need to be connected to a phone line any longer ' my multi room box at home isn't connected to a phone line any updates will be done via dish now ' when we are in our motorhome I always bring the multi room box with me and get full package

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Thats the set up I have at home.
When you paired in the house did you connect the tel line?

The 12v pace box I have in this motorhome has never actually been paired to the card as it is fixed into the motorhome but the original one was. I was quite amazed when it worked giving me the same channels. I can only assume that the pairing was to the actual type of box and not the actual box itself as when the sky plus box in the house packed in we bought a replacement off ebay and that worked as well. We are not connected to a telephone line. Have you tried using the 12v box in the house with your card?

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Tomorrow I'll bring it home and try pairing the two and see if that works.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
We had a Sky+ SD box on our multiroom connection. I bought a used Sky + HD box as we have the HD package. The multiroom has never been connected to the telephone on either the old SD box or the current HD box. I paired the Sky + HD box without connecting a phone line.

I take the multiroom HD box away in the van (240V only) and when I go to work on my ship. Get all the Sky HD channels all the way from NE Spain to S Portugal, Morocco, Gib, all Med Spain, France, Italy, Croatia, Algeria, Tunisia and as far East as Malt before the signal goes. The Sky SD channels disappear in the southern Med, so thank goodness for the HD. No BBC or ITV1 though since they "tightened " up the beams last year.

I am wondering if I buy an Old Pace 12V box if I will get my full package, though of course I will not get HD as the PAce box is only SD but it would be handy for UK, though saying that I get all the Sky package on my laptop or iPad in UK through my phone..... but the 12V option would be useful and smaller.

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
Sorry to correct you back john but your subsription card might not work but mine certainly does in any of the 3 skyboxes i have in the van down here in almeria. Card paired to my sky plus box and works fine in both of my pace javelins, always has done. Dont know about the hd channels but cant see who mentioned them? Sean

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
May I say, just as an observation, what a faffing about, just to watch Sky !

Get a Manhattan HD Freesat box with or without the PVR. £44 or £109 with. To record you need a double INB with two coax 's
Works great no cards. I would vomit rather than subscribe to Skypewk. I know Off thread :rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back