Vannes site (1 Viewer)

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Anyone got any recommendations for site close to Vannes in Brittany?

We will be going down to the Vandee in june probably end up on the Ile De Re again and fancy a stop over in Southern Brittany for a change.

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi Dane & Hazel,
We were down there in 2007 and actually park overnight on the overspill car park, no one bothered us and there were other units there, however they were doing some work on the area where the proper car park was so dont know if the overspill park is still there.
We did find a campsite just down the road from there, but it was expensive and rather muddy.
Cheers Mick & Sheila :Smile:

retep

Free Member
May 9, 2008
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi

We stayed 3 nights at Camp Municipal de Conleau, 188 Ave Marechal Juin, along the estuary. Nice site and I think it was about 12 Euros in June last year. It is well signposted off the N165.

Cheers

Peter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 28, 2008
Antwerp /Belgium
Funster No
Exp
Anyone got any recommendations for site close to Vannes in Brittany?

We will be going down to the Vandee in june probably end up on the Ile De Re again and fancy a stop over in Southern Brittany for a change.
Hello,
I've posted a thread in Link Removed
(OK it is the 'competition', but I hope nobody minds.:Eeek:)
Be carefull on 'Ile de Ré' for it is not that motorhomefriendy in high season.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Dane

There is a nice Municipal and an aire at Quiberon .. well worth visiting .. stunning coastline.

see Google map in signature 'RV Suitable sites for these and other aires we have used.

Jim

Last edited:

angep

Free Member
Jul 12, 2008
S/W Wales
Funster No
Hi Dane & Hazel,
We were down there in 2007 and actually park overnight on the overspill car park, no one bothered us and there were other units there, however they were doing some work on the area where the proper car park was so dont know if the overspill park is still there.
We did find a campsite just down the road from there, but it was expensive and rather muddy.
Cheers Mick & Sheila :Smile:

I was there June 2008 ant though then did not own a motor home so did not really consider parking one there, at that time there was not enough room to park BUT that was due mostly to workforce parking their vehicles there. By now I'm sure its back to normal. What a lovely place it would be to stay.
Now I own a motorhome and am due to go there in June I will try it out!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Many thanks for all the info guys and girls:thumb: