Removing the red unseen media tag (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've just discovered you can remove the little red tag which appears above the Media button.

Click on your username in the top right of the screen and select Preferences. If you look down the list which appears uncheck the one which starts "display unviewed media count". If you now click save at the bottom you may find, as I did, nothing happens and the preferences return to what they were. This I think was because I had not chosen a preference for alerts in chat which are right at the bottom of the page. This is shown as required but no selection had been made in my preferences, so I guess this was reading as an error.

A preference I did change at the same time was to choose not to see signatures - for me this made posts much neater and easier to read!

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Thanks DBK (y) I had a couple of 'false starts' but got there in the end :)

I have been wondering recently if I can remove the tags............ can the Showcase tag be removed too?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Altered setting but it doesn't show media alert on my phone anyway.
I'll see when I turn om my tablet.
It has got rid of signatures though, and yes, much clearer without.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Thank you! I used to click on it to remove it but it kept coming back every 10 seconds so I've tried to just ignore it recently.
Would love to get rid of the Showcase flag too.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
There seems to be no option to remove the showcase tag, but they don't appear as often as media so once you have marked it as viewed it shouldn't reappear for a while. Hopefully.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
There seems to be no option to remove the showcase tag, but they don't appear as often as media so once you have marked it as viewed it shouldn't reappear for a while. Hopefully.

Ha............ good man (y) I didn't realise I could do that:rolleyes: nice clear display with no red tags now :D (and no irritating signatures :ROFLMAO:)

Thank you again (y)

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I keep clearing the check mark and when I save the change it puts it back.
Check the preference right at the bottom of the page about chat alerts. Until I had clicked on one of the buttons it wouldn't save for me either.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Check the preference right at the bottom of the page about chat alerts. Until I had clicked on one of the buttons it wouldn't save for me either.
Thanks a million.

I have no idea of the whys or wherefores but that seems to have worked.

You're a star.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Right at the bottom there's two buttons for Chat sound neither is highlighted. I clicked on the Off one and it did the job.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
It doesn't work for me. I keep un-ticking the relevant box in my preferences then tick 'save changes'. It tells me the changes have been saved, but next time I look at preferences, the tick is back in place!

p.s. Just read the earlier posts and found the 'chat' preference. - Will see if that works.

Jan 16, 2014
Harleston, Harleston, Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class, Autotrail Scout
Exp
Oct, 2013
Senior moment? I can't find anything on the page referring to chart alerts, neither can the missus so God's baffled as well.
Talk about a senior moment, I read it as chart alerts, whereas it said CHAT alert. Have tick the 'no' box and it works.

bow-down-thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif
DevonBeekeeper.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back