any & all information greatly received (1 Viewer)

Al&Finn

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet!
Exp
I'm new
Evening all !
I've been advised to join this forum from a work colleague, as I'm soon to buy a motorhome & do a spot of exploring.
I lived in Germany for a while with a husband who didn't like to explore & didn't like dogs....so I got rid of him & got my dog & am soon to get my motorhome to see all the places I wanted to go on the Continent & here in UK.
I'm open to your recommendations for places to see & things to do (with a dog) keep it clean!
I'm giving us 6-8 months to try to achieve a decent attempt at a tour.
(I'm also happy to take suggestions on a good £10 - £12k first time buy)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
welcome.jpg

Dec 6, 2011
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Ducato Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2011
Hello Al&Finn. Welcome to the forum. Loads of helpful people, and a few nutters, on here so just ask and someone will answer.

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome, have you got a certain layout in mind or a max size as size is important so I'm told :). Just for starters something like an old Hymer would be great as they are built to last.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
You come to the right place for advise, and lots of it
Good luck with your adventure you won't regret a minute of it and the dogs will love it

OP
OP
Al&Finn

Al&Finn

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet!
Exp
I'm new
I quite fancy an old Hymer, what with the dog as my travelling companion n all. I can't have anything too 'cream & beige'

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN the best forum on the net for all your motorhome questions, and as others have said it's all about lay out get that right and the rest should just fall into place, well hopefully. (y)

OP
OP
Al&Finn

Al&Finn

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet!
Exp
I'm new
not overly bothered with a magnificent kitchen, but I'm 6ft so need a long bed (& a loo would be a bonus!)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun from Devon, feel free to drop by if you are local, give me a pm first to make sure I am there. If I can help at all just let me know. We have two dogs horses and cows. Keep an eye open for the Ilfracombe rally in August there will be a bit of a dog show there as well.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I met my other half in Germany and we celebrated our 35th last year* But she does like dogs and loved travelling, although the night we spent in the car in Saudi Arabia trying to sleep through a sandstorm did test things a bit.

But a big welcome and if you do want to be adventurous have a look at what you can get for your money in Germany. @Snowbird is our special correspondent on importing from there.

*might have been 36th...

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Welcome!

For 10K, buy a Hymer!

We'll see you skiing in the Alps next year!(y)
At least a dozen for sale on EBay either under or at the ops budget, no idea what they will be like but they are out there.

OP
OP
Al&Finn

Al&Finn

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet!
Exp
I'm new
I'm currently keeping my eye on eBay but I can't move anywhere until the readies are in the bank.......I live in Barnstaple, Wildman & I'll possibly be coming back around August, so could got to Ilfracombe rally to advertise my used van! (if I can bear to part with it)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
a husband who didn't like to explore & didn't like dogs....so I got rid of him

The heartbroken fellow was only thinking of you. He really wanted to go sky diving, white water rafting, abseiling but he thought you might be frightened or worse, get hurt so he played it safe. And the same with dogs, do you know how many people are killed by dogs every year, he could not risk it.

Anyway he said it's all behind him now and his new blond Swedish wife, whom he met white water rafting, she's the famous pole dancer with a passion for sky diving and aerobatics has taught him to sky dive with their German Shepherd, Rufus and he's quite enjoying life.

Reactions: DBK
Apr 30, 2012
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Exec
Exp
Since 2012
Welcome to the best fountain of all MH Fun (y) Enjoy your search and your travels, keep us up to date and informed. Before you know it we'll be learning from you :):clap2:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi & welcome, :)

Sensible woman, glad you got your priorities sorted.....(y)

Luckily for him, my husband loves the mh :ROFLMAO:

Check out the rallies section, there's lots going on.

Reactions: DBK

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
nice to see other people have the right priorities too. i wouldnt have lasted 25 years without dogs and motorhomes

btw... why not subscribe? the best£10 you will ever spend

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back